Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Organic garden seeds?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Organic garden seeds?

I am currently researching heirloom vegitable seeds for usage in a new organic garden that I plan on trying to get started for next season. I have recently felt the need to start producing some of my own food, and am interested in the heirloom seeds, most notably open pollenation varieties.

Does anyone have a good source/recommendation for a specific distributor? I have found a few seemingly reputable suppliers on the interwebs, but was wondering if any of the members have had good success with any particular outfit or found good deals?

Also related...composting. what style/technique do you use, and how are the results? I was thinking of getting one of the "rolling barrels", but am now leaning more towards a pallet box or wire mesh setup. any info/tips/tricks greatly appreciated.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
hwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant future
hwork50's Tacoma Gallery
Baker Seeds

http://rareseeds.com/

Good stuff.