Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

The best grilled pizza ever.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
The best grilled pizza ever.

I made this last night.

Recipe

Ingredients
1. can fire roasted tomatoes
1 lbs mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup red table wine
1. dough ball (you can buy one just about any pizza place I got mine a Trader Joe's)
2.Tbs Tomato paste
2 Tbs Italian seasoning
1/2 Tsp Emeril's essence
1 Tsp kosher salt
1 Tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1 Tsp red pepper flakes
2 bay leafs
2 cloves garlic
Your favorite pizza topping

Tools
Pizza stone or a baking sheet will do fine
1 10" high side pan
pizza roller
1 chefs knife
cheese grater
gas grill or charcoal grill
blender
garlic press

Okay

First take the can of tomatoes and liquefy them in the blender.
Place it in a high side pan on Med/Low heat. Add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, Emeril's essence, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, bay leafs and wine. Once everything is added cook the sauce for at least 1 hour on low heat. (Right at the last minute before you sauce press the garlic into the sauce)

Now pre-heat your oven to 400 with the stone in the oven ( if your using a baking sheet just pre-heat your oven to 400 empty) Roll out your dough to your desired thickness and grate your cheese.

After the one hour pre-heat place your dough on the stone and bake for 4min this is just to firm up the dough so it don't sag on the grill. now that your dough is in the oven go fire up the grill. Every grill is different so just set it so that it at 400. Once the dough is pre-baked remove from the oven and add your sauce, cheese and toppings. Toss it on the grill and set your timer to 10min (I would check it about every 2 to 3min so you don't burn it).

Once done remove it allow it to cool for 3 to 5 min and cut and enjoy.

I hope you guys like the pizza and happy grilling!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
cgilbane will become famous soon enoughcgilbane will become famous soon enough
Name: Chris
cgilbane's Tacoma Gallery
looks yummy......now im gonna eat pizza tonight for dinner....haha
Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
luvsoffroading
tacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: rich
tacomarich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I made this last night.

Recipe

Ingredients
1. can fire roasted tomatoes
1 lbs mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup red table wine
1. dough ball (you can buy one just about any pizza place I got mine a Trader Joe's)
2.Tbs Tomato paste
2 Tbs Italian seasoning
1/2 Tsp Emeril's essence
1 Tsp kosher salt
1 Tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1 Tsp red pepper flakes
2 bay leafs
2 cloves garlic
Your favorite pizza topping

Tools
Pizza stone or a baking sheet will do fine
1 10" high side pan
pizza roller
1 chefs knife
cheese grater
gas grill or charcoal grill
blender
garlic press

Okay

First take the can of tomatoes and liquefy them in the blender.
Place it in a high side pan on Med/Low heat. Add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, Emeril's essence, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, bay leafs and wine. Once everything is added cook the sauce for at least 1 hour on low heat. (Right at the last minute before you sauce press the garlic into the sauce)

Now pre-heat your oven to 400 with the stone in the oven ( if your using a baking sheet just pre-heat your oven to 400 empty) Roll out your dough to your desired thickness and grate your cheese.

After the one hour pre-heat place your dough on the stone and bake for 4min this is just to firm up the dough so it don't sag on the grill. now that your dough is in the oven go fire up the grill. Every grill is different so just set it so that it at 400. Once the dough is pre-baked remove from the oven and add your sauce, cheese and toppings. Toss it on the grill and set your timer to 10min (I would check it about every 2 to 3min so you don't burn it).

Once done remove it allow it to cool for 3 to 5 min and cut and enjoy.

I hope you guys like the pizza and happy grilling!
that looks great man! might have to try this out. thanks for the tips.