LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Pulled Pork! (56K modem users get take-out!)

Old 09-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Minimum Wage!
cdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
cdikkers's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cdikkers Send a message via Yahoo to cdikkers Send a message via Skype™ to cdikkers
Pulled Pork! (56K modem users get take-out!)

I pulled my pork and you can too!!! Seriously though, innuendos aside, my wife and I are hosting Sunday dinner tonight, and we had a good deal on Pork Butt at the store I work at, so pulled pork it is! And here is how I did it should you want to have something similarly wonderful...

The setup. You will need about 10 pounds of pork, 24 cloves of garlic (or equivalent minced), 6 teaspoons ground coriander, 6 teaspoons ground cumin, 6 teaspoons crushed oregano, 3 teaspoons onion powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, 12 cups of beef broth, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, and something to eat it on. (I use hoagie buns)

Trim some fat, save it if your into soap making...Or leave it on for flavor, I dunno. The wife wanted it gone.

Here is my sous chief Rocky eager to help with the prep work.

Is it to early for a beer? It is? Dang, well next best thing...

Aye, there's the rub...Combine all dry ingredients in a bowel with garlic, stir until it's consistent. Then rub your meat like you mean it...

I like Swanson beef broth. Yes I used all three...

Prepare your jacuzzi for dunking your meat...

After you've rubbed your meat to your level of satisfaction, dunk it in and get ready to stick it in...(THE OVEN YOU SICKO!!!)

I hope you like it hot honey...(And I hope you've been preheating)

Bottom rack, here she sits. Get ready, this will probably take 3-4 hours.

Meanwhile set your crock pot up for phase two...
Old 09-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Dammit now I'm hungry
Old 09-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
This is looking good.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
Minimum Wage!
cdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to cdikkers Send a message via Yahoo to cdikkers Send a message via Skype™ to cdikkers
Okay, phase two...That's going to take awhile so you might as well enjoy some quality cinema while you wait...

Been awhile since I've watched this...

Since The Blues Brothers is not a standard of measure, I went ahead and probed my meat with our digital wireless thermometer that we got with points on our Visa card. I have it set for 170.

About 4 hours later the alarm sounds. Oh shit it's done! (phase one anyway)

Stop licking your screen!

I used my meat hooks (Yes, I have meat hooks) to get it out of the sauce and let it cool for a little bit. You will be shredding this with your hands, so this is in your best interest. Speedway Blue hot holders help it, but aren't required...

Meanwhile, Rocky cleans up the juice that may have spilled. Notice the Speedway Blue dog collar? I think it took a couple tenths off in the quarter...

You can use forks, you can use knives, but I think the best way to handle your meat is to use your fingers like God intended. I worked my way through the cool parts first, putting the shredded bits into the black bowel and the fat and gristle in the trash. (There will be meat that doesn't make the cut, sad fact of life kids)

The shredded bits go into the crock pot along with all the juice. This will continue to tenderize and simmer on low until the wife and inlaws show up.

So there you go, that's how I spent my morning and early afternoon. I hope I made you hungry, I hope it was informative. In the meantime, I'm going to go clean up some of the mess I made and get the rest of things ready....Happy Sunday dinner all...
Old 09-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
OK now I need to get some lunch. That looks so good, I think I know what I need to make this week.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Oh god dam. Im on my way. That sir is some good lookin meat. No homo
Old 09-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #8
Minimum Wage!

Thanks guys. We cooked up some red beans and rice and had some wine and beers to go with it, and it turned out to be a great dinner. And to top it off, I've got about 4 pounds of leftover pork!
Old 09-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that looks good!