Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Anybody else a Chef?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Rather be wheeling
trdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of lighttrdDANIEL is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Daniel
trdDANIEL's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody else a Chef?

Im a fine dining chef up here in sonora anybody else on here share the whole passion for food thing in common!??
Old 01-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
dogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the rough
dogbite's Tacoma Gallery
Come over to Cheftalk.com We'll be happy to have you talk food over there.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd to ask questions later
I like cooking a lot (Got a rolling pin for xmas) but by no means a chef

neontrail is a chef I think also
Old 01-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
I enjoying eating
Old 01-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #7
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
I think the best part of cooking (I'm just a home hobbyist cook personally) is the tools and science.

The knives you love (you'll take my Carters and Shuns from my cold, dead hands), the pots and pans (cast iron or All-Clad!), the layering of flavors and imrovisations along the way...

Yeehaw!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:16 AM   #8
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
MMMMMM......
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody else a Chef?-chef.jpg  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #9
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kins
CopyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Chef here as well. Got a great team under my direction.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:21 AM   #10
weazel is on a distinguished road

weazel's Tacoma Gallery
I would really like to learn how to cook nothing fancy lamb chops, steaks,fish just basic cooking. I started to look for some cookbooks but there are so many, can you recommend one.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #11
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I could cook, thank God for my wife or we would all starve. When I am in the kitchen it is more like this:

Old 01-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #12
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by weazel View Post
I would really like to learn how to cook nothing fancy lamb chops, steaks,fish just basic cooking. I started to look for some cookbooks but there are so many, can you recommend one.
Start with the basics. I mean, real basics.

Watch Good Eats episodes....Alton Brown does a good job stressing the basics of sound science and safety. Start with simple things first, like you said: Steak. Scrambled Eggs. Stocks & soups are a good start as well, and fairly forgiving.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #13
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaks View Post

Watch Good Eats episodes....Alton Brown does a good job stressing the basics of sound science and safety. Start with simple things first, like you said: Steak. Scrambled Eggs. Stocks & soups are a good start as well, and fairly forgiving.
culinary student (well actual name is Hospitality and tourism management specialized in culinary student ) so not quite a chef but on the right track to become one
Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #14
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyTaco View Post
Chef here as well. Got a great team under my direction.
If you do not mind my asking, what restaurant?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #15
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I <3 Alton Brown....................No homo
Old 01-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #16

Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
I <3 Alton Brown....................No homo
Very much this. He's just funny as shit IRL too, a real goofball but a stand-up guy too. Keep an ear to the ground, he still periodically does tours around the country and does shows in various places. He was down here in Miami last year and did a kids cooking show...absolutely hysterical, yet informative.

Fuck Emeril, the food network still exists because AB bailed them out.

(Slightly offtopic, check your cable provider and see if you get the new channel cooking tv. cookingtv.com is website. mike symon and robert irvine are on that new channel a LOT. they're awesome to watch)
Old 01-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #17
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Very much this. He's just funny as shit IRL too, a real goofball but a stand-up guy too. Keep an ear to the ground, he still periodically does tours around the country and does shows in various places. He was down here in Miami last year and did a kids cooking show...absolutely hysterical, yet informative.

Fuck Emeril, the food network still exists because AB bailed them out.

(Slightly offtopic, check your cable provider and see if you get the new channel cooking tv. cookingtv.com is website. mike symon and robert irvine are on that new channel a LOT. they're awesome to watch)
I find myself frequenting AB's recipes on foodnetwork.com also.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #18
Canuckwithatruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Ross
Canuckwithatruck's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a little new new to forums and don't know what the etiquette is. Would mentioning an opportunity for a chef at a lodge in the Canadian Rockies be considered spammy or off topic?
Old 01-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #19

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckwithatruck View Post
I'm a little new new to forums and don't know what the etiquette is. Would mentioning an opportunity for a chef at a lodge in the Canadian Rockies be considered spammy or off topic?

Kind of off topic, but you could post a thread in the Jobs/Career section. Then post a link in here.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #20
Canuckwithatruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Ross
Canuckwithatruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Kind of off topic, but you could post a thread in the Jobs/Career section. Then post a link in here.

Did not realize there was such a section!