Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Fish Tacos

Old 08-25-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Fish Tacos

I havent figured out my own badder but what i use is 2 boxes of MCcormick beer battered mix you can use one depending on how much fish you have,
Pour badder in larger bowl
Get favorite beer me mexican beer taste better with fish tacos (tecate) JMO
I add some items to badder
Add 3 tblsp of honey
Add 2 tblsp brownsugar
and add some cajun spice
Mix all together
get some corn oil in larger pot or wok enough to dunk strips
let them stand till golden brown
i use flour tortillas most use corn

WHITE SAUCE:
1/2 c Mayonaise
1/2 c Yogurt/ranch dressing

GARNISH:
1 Head cabbage, green, shredded
1 Lime, cut into wedges

Salsa
6 Roma tomatoes diced (Roma tomatoes have more meat than regular tomatoes )
Add 1/2 diced red onion
Add 1 clove minced garlic
Add juice of 1 lime
Add 2-3 roasted serrano chilis (put over flame to blacken, then cut off stem, seed and mince)
Add 1 bunch chopped cilantro
Season with salt and pepper. Allow to chill about 1 hour and taste for lime and salt and pepper again

i will update later with a homemade tarter sauce.
and will post pics of finish product later.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:14 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Heres a ceviche recipe
A bunch of rockfish fillets cut up into bite sized pieces, my favorites are brown rockfish and sheephead...

Put the fish in lemon juice at least 4 hours, up to overnight..

Cut up a onion in thin rings, dice 2 tomatoes and pick the leaves off a bunch of cilantro...

Open a small can of pickled sliced jalapenos, finely dice the peppers and carrots found in every can...

Drain fish and place in bowl, add tomatoes, onions, cilantro...

Season with 1/4 cup of olive oil, salt, pepper and as much of the chopped pickled pepper/carrot mix that you like for heat plus 2 teaspoons of oregano, crushed in your hands as you add it....

Stir and put in the fridge for a couple of hours if you can wait......

Enjoy....
Old 08-25-2008, 11:23 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
damn that sounds awesome!!! im definitely hungry now man!!
Old 08-25-2008, 11:39 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:15 AM   #5
OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon
silverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant future

Name: SlickRick
silverbullet05's Tacoma Gallery
everything sounded tasty except the salad oil in the salsa. I Love fish tacos. I like tempura batter on the fish. When I lived in Hawaii there was a lunch truck that parked at the beach and made fish tacos and burritos. Good after surf grub. I am lazy now and just go to rubios.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:04 AM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com

but its all to your taste i dont put that skip it as i say, rubios is ok but would rather have fish tacos with the fish that I Caught.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon
silverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant future

Name: SlickRick
silverbullet05's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I am sure if you put a plate down in front of me I would be too busy eating to worry about any oil.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com

lol with all the ingredient you couldnt tell
Old 08-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #9
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
We've messed around with at home Rubios too.
I remember when they first came to OC they sold the batter too.
We have found cod to be our fish of choice.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Cod is very damn good for fish tacos but i have tried yellowfin bluefin yellowtail albacore and dorado cod but the one i always stick to is yellowtail the cod sounds good right now.