LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

frozen foods "lifetime"

Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
frozen foods "lifetime"

how long is it safe to keep chicken breasts frozen in the freezer for.....
yes it was packed properly......
Old 01-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I always find shit like that in the freezer, what i do is thaw it out and if it doesnt smell bad eat it. BUT i dont have a definitive answer for you.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

can i get your name and # just in case it goes wrong
Old 01-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tell you what, you ship the food to me Ill thaw it out and eat it and tell you if it was good or not.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Tell you what, you ship the food to me Ill thaw it out and eat it and tell you if it was good or not.
chicken aint cheap
Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #6

so is my health, but im willing to put it on the line for you
Old 01-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
For the most part...its frozen and shouldn't have microbs growing in it.

Thaw it out...and cook it immediately making sure its cooked completely!!!

If it has freezer burn, I'd toss it. I've eaten 'stuff' after being in the freezer for a year. I had a butterball frozen turkey in the freezer for a year and gave it to my sister-in-law to cook up and eat. She's still alive & kicking.

It probably won't taste 'fresh' - but....you can chop it up and put it in tacos or something and you'll never notice the difference!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:49 PM   #8
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

If it has freezer burn, I'd toss it. I've eaten 'stuff' after being in the freezer for a year. I had a butterball frozen turkey in the freezer for a year and gave it to my sister-in-law to cook up and eat. She's still alive & kicking.

It probably won't taste 'fresh' - but....you can chop it up and put it in tacos or something and you'll never notice the difference!
That would make a mess and leave stains in the upholstery!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:57 AM   #9
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
so is my health, but im willing to put it on the line for you
its nice to know youd give your life for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Old 01-26-2011, 04:01 AM   #10
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
i believe the time frame for "fresh" tasting chicken is around 3-4 months. you can eat it after that if its packed and sealed properly, but it will probably taste like the bottom of somebodys feet.

just my $0.02 now go try it out lol!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:18 AM   #11
BIG DADDY

listen im gonna cook it up tonight...if you dont hear from me in a day.... im coming for all of you
Old 01-26-2011, 04:37 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Not if you have wet okoles and weathertechs.

I don't eat freezer burnt shit. How fast it'll get freezer burnt depends on temp in freezer and a lot on how good the packaging is. Grocery store wrapping tends to freezer burn much quicker than a year in our deep freeze without dropping stuff in an extra freezer ziploc or unless it was vacuum sealed in that thick heavy duty plastic.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:14 AM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with Janster & ^^^.
Freezing stops bacteria if stored properly.
Things to watch out for is how good your freezer is when it loses power or filled to capacity, how packaged, and how the product was when you store it like t@co said.
I'm a stickler for food that can carry bacteria so rarely freeze chicken unless I just buy it in bulk & gets packaged right away in air tight freezer bags.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #14
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The storage times listed below are approximate months of storage for some food products assuming the food has been prepared and packaged correctly and stored in the freezer at or below 0F. For best quality use the shorter storage times. After these times, the food should still be safe, just lower in quality.
Food Approximate months of storage at 0F
  • Fruits and Vegetables 8 - 12
  • Poultry 6 - 9
  • Fish 3 - 6
  • Ground Meat 3 - 4
  • Cured or Processed Meat 1 - 2

Products Discussed in this Thread