Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

How to not ruin the fish.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
How to not ruin the fish.

Well, everone has there preference, but this is the only accepted way to cook fish where I'm from. Grillin,charrin, bakin, and every other kind of cookin is a no no other than fried!

Take your fish. Roll in some buttermilk (not a must-do)
Roll in Zatarans with some Tony chachere's.
Drop in a black iron skillet with peanut oil over an open flame.
When the fish start turnin golden or start to float, turn em. Do the same to the other side, but take em out after they float. Make ya wanna hollar Hidy-ho!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
yep......gotta deep fry, especially catfish and crappie, bream, and bass sometimes.

i always mix 3 eggs, pepper, a little salt, and some hot sauce. then i'll make up my cornmeal/flour mix. roll the fish thru the egg mix, shake off excess, then roll in the flour mix to coat real good, then they go in the deep fryer. dammit..........making myself hungry now!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite batter - Drakes, lemon pepper seasoning, and beer (a can for the batter, a can for me ). Works great for walleyes, perch, gills...

Mike
Old 08-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutBum View Post
My favorite batter - Drakes, lemon pepper seasoning, and beer (a can for the batter, a can for me ). Works great for walleyes, perch, gills...

Mike
lemon pepper is great on chicken wings too!!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I am a big fan of hickory smoked fish, but lightly. I try and keep the smoker around 175-200 degrees and cook the fish indirectly. One of my favorites is Sole or Orange Ruffy, Broiled in the oven with lemon and a VERY light skimming of mayo. When the mayo turn golden brown it's done, with scottish potatoes and some garlic bread...
Old 08-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
I am a big fan of hickory smoked fish, but lightly. I try and keep the smoker around 175-200 degrees and cook the fish indirectly. One of my favorites is Sole or Orange Ruffy, Broiled in the oven with lemon and a VERY light skimming of mayo. When the mayo turn golden brown it's done, with scottish potatoes and some garlic bread...
smoked is ok too! trout smoked is good.

yall are bout to make me go thaw some fish out now... Tacomaman... you can't beat that walleye! Fishin for thems been slow this year though
Old 08-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcs1987 View Post
smoked is ok too! trout smoked is good.

yall are bout to make me go thaw some fish out now... Tacomaman... you can't beat that walleye! Fishin for thems been slow this year though
never have had walleye.....definitely wanna try it though!!
Old 08-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
glassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shedglassdoc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: USMC S.Diego, USS Detroit AOE-4, JAXNAVSTA,Engineman 3rd Class,  USS Cape-Cod AD43, USNR 1978-1987
glassdoc's Tacoma Gallery
Being originally from Arkansas, I do love my catfish.. But @ $5.98 a pound here in PA.. Its a twice a month deal.. We use Andy's Fish Breading.. Closest thing to being back down south I have ever came across.. It's in our Acme stores here and the Giant's will get it if you ask them too..
http://www.andysseasoning.com/pages/fish.html