Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Gas grills on sale at Lowes

Old 08-31-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Gas grills on sale at Lowes

Looking to get a new grill, going with gas, does anyone have any helpful hints, I.E. brands, size, BTU's, etc ?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I bought one from Costco last summer. The brand is Tuscany and I love it. It cost $399.00 but it cooks nice and even. Make sure whatever you have you get the infa red burner, kinda works like charcoal to sear the outside of meat. Anyway, I think either Sams Club or Costco have the best prices and quality.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris.jasonm View Post
I bought one from Costco last summer. The brand is Tuscany and I love it. It cost $399.00 but it cooks nice and even. Make sure whatever you have you get the infa red burner, kinda works like charcoal to sear the outside of meat. Anyway, I think either Sams Club or Costco have the best prices and quality.
Thanks for the info on the infered burner, I am not much of an outdoor grill cook, but am trying to change that. I cooked steaks last night and the wife said I did a nice job.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
Sears also has a great selection to choose from as well!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:02 AM   #5
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely recommend the Weber brand. You get what you pay for, I made the mistake of buying a few "good deal" gas grills & when they start falling apart after a year or two it costs more to repair than replace. Am VERY happy with the Weber that I bought a few months back.

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/sp...grill-reviews/

http://www.bbqguys.com/content_conte...FQhJagodw3OAQA
Old 08-31-2008, 10:53 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COPPERT View Post
Definitely recommend the Weber brand.
X2 We have a Weber Silver series. It's a small one (only the hubby & I).

I don't even know how long I've had this one - perhaps 5 years now. I did replace the 'flavorizer' bars this springs. They got rusty. Everything else is top knotch and I've been keeping this thing sprayed out and cleaned every year. The good thing about Webers is you can get 'weber' replacement parts, which are good quality stuff. The cooking rack on the webers are nice thick & heavy - you know they ain't gonna rust.

I've had cheapo discount store stuff before and they did a good job for a long time. I got tired of replacing the racks, heater unit, and the ignitors never last very long. The replacement parts you get are even cheaper in qaulity than the original stuff and sometimes *hoaky* to put together.

We bought our Weber at Lowes.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:04 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Although its charcoal, I love my Webber "Homer Simpson" grill!
Old 08-31-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a Charmglow from the Depot last year. We've used the snot out of it this year. It seems to do an excellent job on everything we've cooked. It's completely stainless steel, which is what I wanted, and cost us about 125.00, retailed for 499.00. We bought it in January.