Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

New favorite ...dare I say....salad?!?

Old 02-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
New favorite ...dare I say....salad?!?

I wanted to share this salad recipe that me and my girl recently made. I've since made it again, and again, and again, b/c I'm loving it. Anyway, enough of that. Here it is...

(fwiw, I use all organic, everything, in this salad. You can change it up if you want.)

I pretty much eyeball everything. I start by mixing the salad ingredients before preparing the chicken. So in a large bowl, I mix the following.

3/4 bag of spinach.
1 Medium Avocado, quartered and sliced
~1/4 Red Onion, sliced
1-1/2 to 2 cups of shaved carrots
2/3 of a Fresh Pomegranate (take the time to make a fresh one, its really better tasting than ready to eat ones)
Half dozen small-medium cherry Tomatoes, quartered.
1/3 squeezed Fresh Lemon.
Drizzle some Honey over the mix. I try to eyeball what would be about the same amount as the Lemon.
1/2 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
A few cranks of some fresh pepper.

Mix it all up real good and set it aside.

1 pack organic chicken tenderloins

I use OEVOO in a pan (No need to overdo it, just enough to cook w/), and cook the chicken this way. Once its cooked through, just go ahead and dump the chicken and remaining OEVOO in the salad.

And there you have it! Its filling, super healthy and tasty! Enjoy w/ your favorite beer or wine! Heres a pic of the finished product!

Old 02-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
in many ways, making a GREAT salad is much more challenging that cooking a great dish.

well done!! i love a good salad..and your colon thanks you.