Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Cigars!!!

Old 06-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #41
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
Check out Thomspon's- the largest mail order cigar operation in the world. They have cheap 'everyday' cigars, as well as high end stuff on sale all the time.

They have awesome samplers/bundles, which are good cuz they let you try several higher end cigars to see what you like before you spend $80-125 a box.
You may want to look at CI. All the brands I like that I've looked at on Thompson are retail. CI had prices $90 less on AVO, and $40-50 less on Alec Bradley Maxx.
I'd hate to see you pay more for the same smoke
Old 06-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #42
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACSNOW View Post
Just getting into cigars. Like to smoke them when im golfing or drinking a scotch on the rocks. Looking for tips on good smokes that are not too spendy. Looks like a lot of people like the Romeo y Julietta's. I'll keep my eyes pealed.

Look for Arturo Fuente Curlyhead's. Damn good smoke for the price.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #43
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
You may want to look at CI. All the brands I like that I've looked at on Thompson are retail. CI had prices $90 less on AVO, and $40-50 less on Alec Bradley Maxx.
I'd hate to see you pay more for the same smoke

Also check out Bonita Smoke shop for the best online prices I've found on Drew Estate Acid and Onyx Reserves.

http://bonitasmokeshop.com/
Old 06-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #44
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
just smoked a churchill (has something in spanish on it as well) the other day (friend brought them back from honduras for me) cept im pretty sure they are around here too...but i like rocky patels and padron....those are usually what i personally buy when i want a good one. but il smoke anything from someone else's cigar stash lol
Old 06-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #45
TACSNOW is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
TACSNOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleeharris View Post
R&Js are a good bet but my bargain cigar right now is Perdomo Champagne, a Robusto or Churchill for ~$5-6.
Good to know. I was looking into sampler packs just to get a good variety and gauge what i like better. Anyone know of good samplers out there?
Old 06-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #46
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Man'O'War Ruination
Ghurka's Park Avenue 44 Maduro

With those two cigars, there is no need for anything else.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #47
TACSNOW is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
TACSNOW's Tacoma Gallery
Any recommendations on a cheap humidor? Will the box the samplers come in suffice?
Old 06-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #48
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACSNOW View Post
Any recommendations on a cheap humidor? Will the box the samplers come in suffice?
I got a plastic one that holds 3-4 cigars for about $5. The local cigar shop puts the cigars in these bags that ziplock shut. They said those work too.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #49
Blaggard
Murphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Murphy1's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite is Baccarat. I had one Friday night while sitting on my tailgate at work. I had another last night on my front porch looking out at the Great Smoky Mountains. I had tiki torches lit by the end of the cigar. Kahlua was a really good Drew Estates cigar but they discontinued it. Tobak and Java are good brands too.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #50
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
bump! getting ready to go to FL in a few weeks. Lookin for some new cigars to try while drinking on the beach.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #51
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
bump! getting ready to go to FL in a few weeks. Lookin for some new cigars to try while drinking on the beach.
where you going in FL?
Old 06-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #52
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

*Ahem*

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/spo...oy-cigars.html

*ahem ahem*

I know my humidity is low (67% RH right now on my digital inside). I just added 10 CAO LX2s to the collection last week.

Here's what I have right now...

10 CAO LX2s
1 Man O War Ruination (RIDICULOUS SMOKE )
1 CAO Italia
1 Fuente Fuente Opus X (have not tried these yet)
4 Park Ave 44 Maduro (Favorite cigar)
1 Park Ave Connecticut (Good, but very light)
1 Cu Avana Intenso (I have had the Punisher... Haven't tried this one yet)
2 Cohiba Cubana (real cubans)
1 Oliva Master Blends #3
1 La Caya De Mano Hecho
1 Boris II Perfecto (Corona Cigars exclusive house)
1 Jose Seijas

1 Ashton Cabinet Belicioso
1 Ashton Aged Maduro ()
1 Perdomo Edicion Ed Silvio
1 Gurka Series G (meh)
1 Reyes Family Classic
1 Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real (meh)
Old 06-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #53
tacos is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Good info on some to try. I'm just getting into cigars and just bought an Opus-X, going to smoke it tomorrow during a golf scramble I'm in. I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on a decent cigar cutter that's not $100. I bought a cheap one for like $4 thinking it would do the job but it ripped it. Not willing to cut my $15 cigar with it. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacos View Post
Good info on some to try. I'm just getting into cigars and just bought an Opus-X, going to smoke it tomorrow during a golf scramble I'm in. I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on a decent cigar cutter that's not $100. I bought a cheap one for like $4 thinking it would do the job but it ripped it. Not willing to cut my $15 cigar with it. Thanks.
I'd grab a pair of Xikars. The fiberglass gripped ones are pretty affordable.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...&cat=13&page=2

They are the best cutters out there. Once you mail in your warranty card, they send you a free leather case. If the cutter ever breaks or dulls, you just mail it to them and they replace it. For life.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #55

I dont know if you guys saw this deal I posted earlier today.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...idor-15-a.html
Old 06-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #56
tacos is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
tacos's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna have to put an order in for that.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #57

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
where you going in FL?
Panama city
Old 06-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #59

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
I dont know if you guys saw this deal I posted earlier today.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...idor-15-a.html
I was just checking out that deal you posted. I am still pretty new to smoking cigars and was told to stay with the lighter colored ones for a bit. How strong can the darker sticks get? I have never felt shitty feeling after smoking the light colored ones.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #60
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
Panama city
If you were coming near Jax i got cubans