Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Home Grilled Steak

Old 03-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
plee33 will become famous soon enoughplee33 will become famous soon enough
Name: Peter
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
Home Grilled Steak

Any of you guys like to cook and eat at home with family and friends? I enjoy cooking my own meals but I'm running out of ideas on how to season my steaks as the warmer weather is approaching. Sick and tired of the original salt and pepper seasoning. Any of you guys tried herbal seasonings? How do you guys season your steaks? Lets hear some recipes!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
Pour about 1/4 cup Moore's Marinade on each steak and marinate for about 30 minutes.

Next, sprinkle the following on each steak: granulated garlic (not garlic salt), Cajun Seasoning, Celery Seeds and Lemon Pepper (both sides of steak)

Grill as usual to desired doneness
Old 03-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
I like to marinate my steaks in italian dressing. breaks the meat down nicely.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborgie View Post
I like to marinate my steaks in italian dressing. breaks the meat down nicely.
x2 stubbs and dakota buckaroo both are good too what part of sac you in?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
montreal steak seasoning is good. blackening spice is good too for dry rubs

try some oil, brown sugar and Worcestershire in a ziplock for a few hours too
Old 03-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
+1. I would rather eat a steak at home than at a restaurant. I use Hawaiian salt and pepper.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Look up Alton Brown's Pan Seared Rib-Eye receipe. That sh*t ruined any resturant steaks for me. Beyond awesome.

Ah hell here ya go...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html
Old 03-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
Look up Alton Brown's Pan Seared Rib-Eye receipe. That sh*t ruined any resturant steaks for me. Beyond awesome.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I created and patented my own steak seasoning if you're interested in buying some . Still local though so you can't go pick it up at walmart... yet.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I created and patented my own steak seasoning if you're interested in buying some . Still local though so you can't go pick it up at walmart... yet.
You have a link?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #11
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I coat mine with 75-90 wt gear oil. Extra sulfur.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #12
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, its www.mtspice.com

Please excuse the website though. I made it when I still didn't know how to write code. That being said, if anyone decides that they want to order or has any questions, please just shoot me a pm as my site is currently under construction.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Please excuse the website though. I made it when I still didn't know how to write code. That being said, if anyone decides that they want to order or has any questions, please just shoot me a pm as my site is currently under construction.
id like a free sample
Old 03-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #15
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenstaco View Post
x2 stubbs and dakota buckaroo both are good too what part of sac you in?
I live in South Sacramento. I don't know if you remember, but I was chatting with all of you in the other nor cal thread.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #16
B A N N E D

Quote:
Originally Posted by plee33 View Post
I live in South Sacramento. I don't know if you remember, but I was chatting with all of you in the other nor cal thread.
oh ok cool citrus heights here... born and raised in north highlands
Old 03-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #17
plee33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nice, I need to try it!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
For the last while.....last year or so....I've been trying different seasonings and such. I like cavenders greek seasoning. I'll use worcestire cause and cavenders...with a lil salt and pepper...put on a cookie sheet. Set steaks on the mixture....then use the cavenders on top of the steak. Let it sit at room temp for 30 minutes before grilling. Flip the steaks over after 10 minutes of marinading tho. While grilling.....only flip the steak once.....and put a spoonful of butter on each side. Mmmmmmgood.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #19
WizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WizzyTRDTXPRO's Tacoma Gallery
I've marinated steaks over night in merlot wine and a couple garlic cloves over night I also do that with beef roasts.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #20
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by plee33 View Post
you sac boys like to go to Texas West, off exposition...i love that place. OP try marinades.