Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

What's your fav health dinner meal ect

Old 03-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
What's your fav health dinner meal ect

So I am just opening this up so I can get some feed back! Most of you know I had a bit of a scare this week with my health and having to stay overnight in the hospital! So I want this to be a place that we post up some good healthy food choices, That taste good and are good for you! Please if you don't have anything nice to say fight the urge to be a jerk and go post it somewhere even if you hate MOT thanks guys!

My fav that I am making right now is Pot Roast!

-Half pound Carrots
-5 or 6 potatoes
-1 onion big chop
-1 celery stick big chop
-1 and half pound roast
-1 cup water plus If wanted 1 pot roast seasoning mix

Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 4 to 6 hours in crock-pot

This shit is soo good when done And good for you!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
try to find out how much sodium is in that pot roast mix. also, if you are cooking potatoes, let that be your carb for the meal so dont serve bread or rice in addition to it. remember carrots are also a starch so even though they are good for you, it has a lot of carbs (basically breaks down into sugar).
Old 03-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
quick and easy is baked chicken thighs, either bone in or boneless.
trim the fat.
make a mixture of bread curmbs and your favorite seasonings,
make a wash, (directions say to use butter but oil works just as well, olive of course) of oil, tablespoon of mustard, worcestershire sauce, garlic.
dredge the chicken thighs in the wash, drip excess, roll in bread crumbs, then roll the chicken into little tubes, or just tuck them tight.
Place them on a bed of chopped green onions in a baking dish. Cook at 350 for about 1-1.25 hours.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
try to find out how much sodium is in that pot roast mix. also, if you are cooking potatoes, let that be your carb for the meal so dont serve bread or rice in addition to it. remember carrots are also a starch so even though they are good for you, it has a lot of carbs (basically breaks down into sugar).
Did not know that dude thanks for the info! I really need to read up on what food is you know and how i can make things that are bomb and good for you at the same time!

Come on guys post up some stuff you like to make!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #5

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester156 View Post
quick and easy is baked chicken thighs, either bone in or boneless.
trim the fat.
make a mixture of bread curmbs and your favorite seasonings,
make a wash, (directions say to use butter but oil works just as well, olive of course) of oil, tablespoon of mustard, worcestershire sauce, garlic.
dredge the chicken thighs in the wash, drip excess, roll in bread crumbs, then roll the chicken into little tubes, or just tuck them tight.
Place them on a bed of chopped green onions in a baking dish. Cook at 350 for about 1-1.25 hours.

Thats sounds good i think i want to try that!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i think its from one of those betty crocker dinner cards from the 70's, the actual directions say to use Turkey thighs but chicken ones are much easier to find.
PM me if you want the actual recipe, I can send you a pic of it when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
Thats sounds good i think i want to try that!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #7

if you like seafood, simple white fish with some fresh herbs, drizzle olive oil and cook on the grill.
and lots of vegetables.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #8

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester156 View Post
i think its from one of those betty crocker dinner cards from the 70's, the actual directions say to use Turkey thighs but chicken ones are much easier to find.
PM me if you want the actual recipe, I can send you a pic of it when I get home.
Ya do if you remember send that over on a pm buddy

Come on I know you guys have some good ideas!
Old 03-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #9

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Bumpage for the people that mite have missed this!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #10
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Milos
Old 03-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #11

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
Milos
Old 03-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #12

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Come on guys all we eat on TW is shit i guess lol!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #13
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
Old 03-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #14

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
LOL
Old 03-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #15
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I make alot of stir frys, minimal oil, just enough to lightly coat the pan.
First I dice up some boneless chicken chunks, fish, pork, bonesless turkey, no skin. I also will add some crazy mixed up salt (not much for flavor). Use whatever one you like best for the protein.
After that add fresh carrots, brocolli crowns, string beans, zucchini, any veggie, sliced and diced add that in. Next maybe a splash of Braggs which is like a soy sauce (not much) or Peanut thai sauce (not much). You can always cut the sauce with water to use less. Serve over rice or rice noodles. Easy and yummy.
or
BBQ Salmon & asparagus spears on the grill.
Cut up sweet potatoes & bake. Spritz (spray) some oil, very light, its almost like french frys except good for you. French's honey mustard. Yum.

Use a spray bottle for your oil. That way you do not use too much.
Read the labels for the less sodium.

Your pot roast looks great & I like making that for work pot lucks. The guys love it. Someone should make a candle that smells like pot roast lol.....
Old 03-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #16

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I make alot of stir frys, minimal oil, just enough to lightly coat the pan.
First I dice up some boneless chicken chunks, fish, pork, bonesless turkey, no skin. I also will add some crazy mixed up salt (not much for flavor). Use whatever one you like best for the protein.
After that add fresh carrots, brocolli crowns, string beans, zucchini, any veggie, sliced and diced add that in. Next maybe a splash of Braggs which is like a soy sauce (not much) or Peanut thai sauce (not much). You can always cut the sauce with water to use less. Serve over rice or rice noodles. Easy and yummy.
or
BBQ Salmon & asparagus spears on the grill.
Cut up sweet potatoes & bake. Spritz (spray) some oil, very light, its almost like french frys except good for you. French's honey mustard. Yum.

Use a spray bottle for your oil. That way you do not use too much.
Read the labels for the less sodium.

Your pot roast looks great & I like making that for work pot lucks. The guys love it. Someone should make a candle that smells like pot roast lol.....
that sounds good!

I love grilled asparagus with some olive oil and pepper soo bomd i know what i am doing for dinner tomorrow!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #17

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
thanks. will try tomorrow. looks delicious. brand of pot roast seasoning do you recommend?
Ya man i love it smells so dam good in the house right now!

They sell kits at wally world with everything you need! I sometimes use that eazy that way and tastes good!

I use the cheap stuff great value they are all the same i add pepper to mine!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #19

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65tacodude View Post
You have nothing to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
thanks. cant wait tro try it.
Ya man you cant go wrong IMO with anything in a Crock Pot!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fXFY...tailpage#t=54s

skip to :50 otherwise it'll ruin your plan