Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Gluten free diets

Old 10-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #41
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
the recipe says to not grease the pan but I think on the cookie bowls it might be required. damn stuff turned to cement!! (probably because they didn't intend the bottom of the pan for cooking so it's not as smooth)
so yeah, it's soaking right now to get the "bowls" off
Old 10-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #42
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
the recipe says to not grease the pan but I think on the cookie bowls it might be required. damn stuff turned to cement!! (probably because they didn't intend the bottom of the pan for cooking so it's not as smooth)
so yeah, it's soaking right now to get the "bowls" off
LOL....so a complete failure then?
Old 10-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #43
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
LOL....so a complete failure then?
I will be lucky if I can salvage the pan!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #44
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will be lucky if I can salvage the pan!
LOL now I'm scared to try it!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #45

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have any suggestions for a bread machine? I know the gluten free recipes require certain settings and only some machines are capable....
Old 11-06-2011, 08:36 AM   #46
I feel so Devo

I will ask the moms what she uses when I talk to her later.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #47
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Have you looked at the Breadman TR 2500 BC ???

Old Man back quiet !!!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #48

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will ask the moms what she uses when I talk to her later.
Thanks, Tink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
Have you looked at the Breadman TR 2500 BC ???

Old Man back quiet !!!
Are you gluten free too?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #49
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
No,

But the other 1/2 LOVE's to bake & cook so I am always looking for the "Best" to ad into her 2nd work space ....

Not to "hang" your thread BUT you might be wanting to get some "Protection" for the "Pink Moose" ....your pix show your "Courage" getting up too the "Oh $hit" mark....

Back on track...check the reviews on that machine and stay healthy....

Bye Girl..

Old Man back quiet.....
Old 11-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #50
I feel so Devo

Mom just uses a plain ol' Panasonic bread machine. No fancy settings for gluten free stuff. She has made me a few different kinds of breads though the years using it with no issue. But the last few were using that Pamela's mix that you don't care for and it says not to use the special setting.

So.... basically I got nothin!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #51
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
My friend and member here mreimman has to eat gluten free.

Here in Chandler (Suburb of Phoenix) we have a few gluten free grocery stores here and then at the high end stores like Whole Foods and AJ's Fine foods they have whole sections for food. I know that Pei Wei and PF Changs have menus that are gluten free.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #52

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
...attempting to make gluten free turkey stuffing tomorrow. not having stuffing ruined thanksgiving dinner for me last year, just wasn't the same

oh and....bob's red mill brownie mix is awesome! the best packaged mix that i have found thus far.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #53
I feel so Devo

Has anyone tried the Gluten Free Domino's Pizza yet?

I tried two frozen GF pizzas this week and they were pretty tasteless.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #54

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Has anyone tried the Gluten Free Domino's Pizza yet?

I tried two frozen GF pizzas this week and they were pretty tasteless.
I have not - never was a fan of Dominos anyways.

There are a couple of local places that have GF crusts. In fact I will be getting one tonight...Earth's Crust Its good stuff, sort of like any other thin crust pizza.

Now had you of told me that you were driving through MT last week I could have directed you to the GF eateries.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #55
I feel so Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Now had you of told me that you were driving through MT last week I could have directed you to the GF eateries.
if I had known you were going to be so upset about it I would have

Domino's is ok. My pizza stone and cooking tools are currently on a moving truck somewhere between here and Kansas so I can't make my own at the moment.

I might be back through in the beginning of July. Depends on if I can take off some time from the new job.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #56
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
When I am Carb cycling I stop eating all bread except for one. I will eat Ezekiel bread its complete complex carb that is gluten free. Pure oatmeal is gluten free ( Quaker oats is not pure) Irish steal cut oats are pure for example, Ezekiel bread, pure oatmeal, brown rice and sweet potatoes are my sources of carbs when I am carb cycling. To my knowledge these are all gluten free as well. I don't know if this helps with your diet but it might help get you in better shape for the horses I am sure you shape is fine but you get the idea.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #57

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
if I had known you were going to be so upset about it I would have

Domino's is ok. My pizza stone and cooking tools are currently on a moving truck somewhere between here and Kansas so I can't make my own at the moment.

I might be back through in the beginning of July. Depends on if I can take off some time from the new job.
Ha! Just giving you a bad time.

I prefer making my own too - all of the prepackaged stuff is gross. Too many preservatives and such. With the exception of Bob's Red Mill Brownies and Hodgson Mill Apple Cinnamon muffins...those are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
When I am Carb cycling I stop eating all bread except for one. I will eat Ezekiel bread its complete complex carb that is gluten free. Pure oatmeal is gluten free ( Quaker oats is not pure) Irish steal cut oats are pure for example, Ezekiel bread, pure oatmeal, brown rice and sweet potatoes are my sources of carbs when I am carb cycling. To my knowledge these are all gluten free as well. I don't know if this helps with your diet but it might help get you in better shape for the horses I am sure you shape is fine but you get the idea.
I have not tried Ezekiels yet, I'll keep an eye out for them next shopping trip.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #58
mmcgough is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mmcgough's Tacoma Gallery
My son and I both have celiac disease and it is actually not too difficult to eat gluten free anymore. There are lots of things that are gluten free - like cheerios cereal, things that you would never think are safe. Bread is the most difficult part, but Walmart has a few breads that are actually pretty good and then some groceries carry frozen gf bread. The only way to know if you have celiac is to do a biopsy of your small intestine, blood work can show a positive even though you are false. Either way, allergy or disease, solution is the same, eat gf and you will fell tons better. The main difference is the allergy has no long term effects on the person, the disease has damaging effects on the body. Sorry for rambling...

Mike
Old 06-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #59
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
Eziekiel is frozen by the way. look for it there.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #60
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
bump