1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kitty Litter Cake

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by Racerboy221, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Apr 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    Racerboy221

Racerboy221 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Litchfield Park, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2.4, Std cab/bed, 18"wheels,airshocks
    18" Wheels & Tires, Airshocks, CB Radio
    This is really a Halloween item but I am going through my recipe box and pulling out things which I did not see in here....Hope you enjoy.

You'll need a new kitty litter box, box liner and litter scoop as "props" to get the full effect with this cake!

Ingredients

• 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
    • 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
    • 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
    • 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla sandwich cookies
    • 3 drops green food coloring
    • 1 (12 ounce) package tootsie rolls
    Directions

1. Prepare cake mixes and bake according to package directions (any size pan).
    2. Prepare pudding according to package directions and chill until ready to assemble.
    3. Crumble sandwich cookies in small batches in a food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup add a few drops of green food coloring and mix.
    4. When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with 1/2 of the remaining cookie crumbs, and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, you want the cake to be just moist, not soggy.
    5. Line kitty litter box with the kitty litter liner. Put cake mixture into box.
    6. Put half of the unwrapped tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until softened. Shape the ends so that they are no longer blunt, and curve the tootsie rolls slightly. Bury tootsie rolls randomly in the cake and sprinkle with half of the remaining cookie crumbs. Sprinkle a small amount of the green colored cookie crumbs lightly over the top.
    7. Heat 3 or 4 of the tootsie rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle lightly with some of the green cookie crumbs. Heat the remaining tootsie rolls until pliable and shape as before. Spread all but one randomly over top of cake mixture. Sprinkle with any remaining cookie crumbs. Hang the remaining tootsie roll over side of litter box and sprinkle with a few green cookie crumbs. Serve with the pooper scooper for a gross Halloween dessert.

Kitty Litter Cake.jpg

2. Feb 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    NewTacomaGirl

NewTacomaGirl Resident crazy cat lady

Member:
    I made this! But instead of tootsie rolls as the "poop" I used brownies with chocolate and white chocolate chips mixed instead and broke up oreos and sprinkled them all over. I make it on halloween and usually 2 more times during the year. Made it for christmas last year without my mom knowing and fed it to her. She almost had a heart attack! Then again.. we have 7 cats and she thought it was the litterbox from downstairs! haha

3. Feb 4, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    :hungry: :puke: :hungry:
    Sooooooo confused...

4. Feb 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    NewTacomaGirl

NewTacomaGirl Resident crazy cat lady

Member:
    It looks gross, but all it is, is cake that looks like kitty litter. Its REALLY good if made right.

Products Discussed in

To Top