LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Foodies BS Thread.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #21
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
let's do this.

i love cooking, and eating. i rarely eat out anymore. here are some of my things.

Everything looked good. Its good that you show your diversity with baking the bread.... and all
Old 04-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #22
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Food pr0n.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsPkD...&feature=feedu
Old 05-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #23
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
BAM!

here is my version of chicken marsala!! came out great!!
Attached Thumbnails
Foodies BS Thread.-dsc_00011304739527.jpg  
Old 05-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #24
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Everyones dishes look great!! I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread. I love to cook as well. I'll post up pics next time I cook up something worthy enough to show off.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #25
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That marsala looks super yum!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #26
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Everyones dishes look great!! I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread. I love to cook as well. I'll post up pics next time I cook up something worthy enough to show off.
i keep a camera in the kitchen. i play with it (the camera and food). at this point, i bet i could make a spam sandwich look good.

bonus points if you have a kitchen window that faces north. the lighting would be superior.

i used to be a pro photographer. now i am a civil engineer. more boring, but i get to play with the camera, not make a living with it.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #27
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i keep a camera in the kitchen. i play with it (the camera and food). at this point, i bet i could make a spam sandwich look good.

bonus points if you have a kitchen window that faces north. the lighting would be superior.

i used to be a pro photographer. now i am a civil engineer. more boring, but i get to play with the camera, not make a living with it.
Haha, I was thinking about taking some pics of me cooking spam to be a smart ass but I dont think I will. Maybe a pic of boiling water would be better?
Old 05-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #28
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Any picture of food will do........ lets get this thread bumped up a bit......... come on guys post some pics!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #30
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
made some eggs benedict for the momma on Sunday morning Breakfast in bed

She likes it saucy
Old 05-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #31
i only eat red meat every two weeks. today my wife bought some 2" thick NY strip steak. served 4 family style.
Attached Thumbnails
Foodies BS Thread.-dsc_0008.jpg  
Old 05-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #32
Lieutenant Dan.

Hey before I go and try and look up a thousand recipes on how to cook a roast in the crock pot, I want to get my roast to where it is super tender enough to cut with a fork. Whenever I crock pot a roast, it comes out pretty hard. I know there is a certain method to get the meat tender. Tips anyone?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #33
Quote:
Hey before I go and try and look up a thousand recipes on how to cook a roast in the crock pot, I want to get my roast to where it is super tender enough to cut with a fork. Whenever I crock pot a roast, it comes out pretty hard. I know there is a certain method to get the meat tender. Tips anyone?
easy bro. you are (95% sure about this) buying the wrong part of the pig. you absolutely need the shoulder. called different things..boston butt, butt roast, etc. dont let "butt" fool you. back in the day, it was called the butt of the leg or something.

you need the fat and connective tissue to break down and create the soft tender juicy roast. i bet you are either trying a tenderloin or rear hind part.

before you use a crock pot, brown the veggies. with pork you dont need to brown the meat. but it would help to brown the veggies before you dump everything in the crock pot. if you use any tomato paste, brown it at the end of your veggie saute.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #34
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Wife's mothers day breakfast... kinda messed it up, but not bad for a first try... it was freaking amazing, which is what matters the most!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #35
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
^ If you are wanting a pork roast?

Quote:
You do have to buy the right kind of roast, but I would have to know what exactly you do to do it wrong. Roasts are very easy, but one step missed could ruin it. After getting the right roast, the first thing you want to do is salt and pepper the outside, and sear and brown the edges in a pan (helps to lock in the right amount of juices). Put your veggies in the pot (carrotts, celery, potatoes, onion, and whatever else you want). Place your roast on top of the veggies and season with what ever you like. Fill with just about a half inch of water (if even that amount). SET IT, and FORGET IT!!!

Make sure you are not cooking too long for what ever size raost you are doing, and don't forget veggies like the carrot, onion, and celery; whether you eat the veggies or not they add a ton of flavor!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #36
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
Wife's mothers day breakfast... kinda messed it up, but not bad for a first try... it was freaking amazing, which is what matters the most!
Is that a breakfast pizza?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #37
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What the guy after you said... probably has to do with the amount of liquid and length of time you're cooking it for.

I made this recipe last weekend, and it turned out amazing - followed the recipe, but finished it in a crock pot instead of the oven.

made mashed potatoes and roasted carrots with it.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pot-...0000001947686/
Old 05-12-2011, 08:32 AM   #38
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Is that a breakfast pizza?
A breakfast tart...

here's the recipe

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recip...fast-tart.html
Old 05-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #39
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
This was from Mardi Gras, my wife and I had a night without the kids, so we went to get some stuff for our own party. Went for Crawfish and stuff for Gumbo, decided on lobster when we got there. Anyways, our little Mardi Gras feast, home made shrimp Gumbo, Grilled lobster, and Hurricanes!

First time trying live lobster grilled, came out amazing!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #40
Mob parking lots.

Regular old spaghetti and red wine.