LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Foodies BS Thread.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #6162
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Location: south Florida - west palm, lauderdaleish. Not from here though, I can count AND spell.
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Pete you should have let me know you were making breakfast. I have a super simple recipe for an egg casserole with tater tots..... and I mean super easy and really good
If you wouldn't mind a quick 1 2 3 on how you made those ribs, it'd be swell, I'd like to give them a whirl!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #6163
CaptQuinn is on a distinguished road

Name: Quinn
CaptQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaks View Post
Somebody needs to get a pic set of this pizza on a BBQ thing going, so I can see how to do it

I've made pizza at home a couple times and its good, but never on the grill.

I didn't take any pics but here is the recipe I followed...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pizza-on-the-grill-i/

Bomb-diggety
Old 05-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #6164
Yaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Mother's Day Breakfast

Garlic shrimp and sun dried tomato omelette with Canadian bacon and avocado slices:

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and all you mother f*ckers out there!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #6165
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Location: south Florida - west palm, lauderdaleish. Not from here though, I can count AND spell.
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Just for ha-ha's, I went outside and conducted a little test.

I've got, as I've shown here a couple times, a four-burner gas grill for my daily cookin' needs. The grills burners are, from the perspective of the cook, vertical away from you, arranged right to left. Essentially, there's a burner pointing away from each dial, as it were, not including the fairly useless (round) side-burner.

So, as you can see here, I set up a probe thermometer with a binder clip on the far left side of the upper rack, and turned on just the far right burner to its lowest setting. Then I set my timer for 5 minute increments and sat back.

After 45 minutes, here's the HIGHEST rating I've seen:

The rate is 210-217, depending on the wind. Which makes me a very, very happy camper. It JUST so happens I have some pork ribs in the chill-chest not working real hard, and I'm thinking I needs to try this thing as a MacGuyver'd smoker tomorrow...

*contemplates
Old 05-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #6166
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you wouldn't mind a quick 1 2 3 on how you made those ribs, it'd be swell, I'd like to give them a whirl!
1-I dried the ribs off with a paper towel, then sprinkled generously with any pork dry rub you like, I used a sweet and spicy one that was in my cabinet. Then I seared on a hot grill for a couple of minutes.
2-I then redressed with the dry rub. I put the rack on a long enough piece to have about 4 inches on each side. Then you kind of make a boat with the foil and pour some root beer or whatever kind of soda you want to make. I know guys have used dr pepper,coke or pepsi, this time I used Barq's root beer. Then take another piece of foil and place it over top and seal it well.

3- Into a preheated 350 oven and let it got for 2:30 to 3:00 hours. After the 3 hours I took it out and drenched with a bbq sauce and rootbeer reduction that I made about 30 minutes before the rigs were done on 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.

They came out good. I am long winded about this recipe but it is super easy!!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #6167
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Kel - The Rocky Road ice cream bread was good... but a little bland with just a taste of chocolate. My parents are going to try the leftovers warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream tonight. My Dad thought having a warm slice in the morning with a cup of coffee would be nice, too. Overall, it was a hit! Thanks again for the idea.

Tough - Thanks for the recipe offer, but I followed this one and it was super easy to make, and delicious for breakfast this morning. http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2012/03...rella-egg.html

I like where Xaks is going with his ha-ha's. Looking forward to the write-up and pics.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #6169
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptQuinn View Post
It's almost time for Copper River Sockeye! Another 5 days until the first opener, probably 6 days until it hits a market near you! YUM!
Coppers are my favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptQuinn View Post
...also, last week Karin and I made pizza on the BBQ for the first time ever. Never again in the oven! That worked so well, a much better product that's for sure.
Same here...I have a pizza stone and its makes such a huge difference in the finished product - I will never cook a pizza on a metal pan or in the oven ever again!

Quote:
Somebody needs to get a pic set of this pizza on a BBQ thing going, so I can see how to do it

I've made pizza at home a couple times and its good, but never on the grill.
Get a pizza stone that fits on your grill for starters...
Old 05-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #6172
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Mmm...those looks yummy Dennis! ^^^
Old 05-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #6173
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Throw it right on the grill....
but the dough will fall through the grate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Making some steaks tonight.

I was just debating what to do for dinner tonight, I think you just helped me make up my mind.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #6174
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Making some steaks tonight.

I have a t-bone in the fridge awaiting me hehe...since I didn't do my proper mother's day dinner for myself yesterday.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #6177
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Tough - Post the breakfast recipe. I'll make it sometime soon, and also for everybody else's benefit to try, too.

Dennis - Very nice! Looks delicious!

Breakfast this morning at a truckstop... the Flying J at I-10 Exit 137 (67th Ave) in Phoenix. Stopped there to get some CB parts, and enjoyed a hearty 3-egg/corned beef hash plate with hashbrowns and a warmed tortilla. 10-4 good buddy!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #6179
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nice!!