Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Foodies BS Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #6401
MyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Angie
MyTacosBetter's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, a quick google search of "meat market" and BAM, links brought me here . Kidding. Love that seafood tho. I'm torn between crab or shrimp for my fav seafood tho.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #6402
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
A local meat market (no... Not tw).
Prolly so, but my local meat guy doesn't even carry beef ribs, and I go 20 miles roundtrip to see him. Apparently belly beef ribs are better than back ribs but I've not been able to find them yet.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #6403
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Prolly so, but my local meat guy doesn't even carry beef ribs, and I go 20 miles roundtrip to see him. Apparently belly beef ribs are better than back ribs but I've not been able to find them yet.
I've had good luck at our fresh market here.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #6405
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Started a batch of limoncello tonight. 20 lemons, 2 bottles of everclear. I have a month to wait now. Going to make half of it into crema di limoncello, so it should make a quart of the hard stuff and half a gallon of liqueur.
Took 1/2 a shot out of the jar after a week and mixed it with equal parts simple syrup and then poured over a few cubes of ice. By my calculations I ended up with a shooter of about 80 proof liqueur. The taste was completely crazy - so intensely lemony that you would think it was fake - like a lemon starburst. I expected a sour lemonade taste but what I got was intense "fake" lemon. Still a hint of the alcohol bite but after another 3 weeks I doubt there's any bite left. I don't know if I'll like this stuff straight but the crema di limoncello should be a knockout, and the regular limoncello will be a wicked addition to sprite, margaritas, or just about any coctail.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #6406
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
I've been camping this week (Tues-Sat). Nothing interesting food wise... I bring all non-perishables to save room in the ice chest for beer.

But, I did remember to take a quick shot in the forest of dinner cooking... grilled sirloin steak and vegetables.... like a boss!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #6407
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Camping is great!! I love using those portable stoves its fun for some reason haha.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #6408
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ I really enjoy camping and hope to do a lot of it this summer. Here's another shot I took of my "kitchen" in the morning... big cup for oatmeal and small cup for coffee... just boil water and done. Oh, and a camping tip... use an old dog food bag to hold your kitchen bag of trash... it wont tear or leak and you can seal it up when not in use (if you get a bag that seals!)
Old 06-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #6409
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
just really got back to my work routine.

spent 9 days in the high elevation backwoods packing in. we were borderline starved. burning more calories than we were taking in for sure. had to eat some of the trout we were catching for fun. i bet my brother and i ate 40-50 fish. got mundane and we really had to mix up cooking options. haha.

here is my ode to the trout. (ate an in/out double-single first thing when we got out)
Attached Thumbnails
Foodies BS Thread.-dscn0351.jpg   Foodies BS Thread.-dscn0378.jpg   Foodies BS Thread.-p1000440_2.jpg   Foodies BS Thread.-dscn0412.jpg  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #6410
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ I hear ya about trying to maintain nutritional needs while "roughing it" in the wild. Packing vs truck camping makes the challenge that much more difficult.

I was okay with calories, carbs and protein, but my concern was getting enough veggies... so, I brought and drank a lot of V-8 juice, along with a half gallon of grapefruit juice.

But, like you, I hit the first fast-food joint I could find back in town (Wendy's) and devoured a double cheeseburger combo, super-sized!

Can't wait to go camping again, soon!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #6411
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
we met some thru hikers on the pacific crest trail. i asked. they like to target 5000 cals per day!! what?!! i wanted to beg one of them to dump their pack so i could see what and how they were carrying. they carried 35lb packs!

i was please with myself for carrying a 35 lb pack. and i only needed food for 9 days.

i think i ate an entire box of granola bars from costco. maybe 30 bars. just walking and stuffing them into my face. we crested two 11,000 feet peaks.

while choking down a bag of dehydrated sweetandsourpork, we noticed it had less than 800 cal for two servings.

i lost 10 lbs in 9 days, my bro lost 14! truck camping, i get fatter. hehe. last time, a buddy brought spiny lobsters. and butter.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #6412
pk..a game changer for me was to buy a $15 dollar adaptor hose for my camp stove. now i can burn a big ass 20lb propane bottle with my stove. i have yet to run out of fuel. those tiny green coleman fuel bottle annoy me. i end up with them scattered..full bottles mixed with empties. grr. useless landfill IMHO. they are expensive too. relatively.

find the hose and burn away. my brother brings a turkey fryer burner and a wok. we eat good car camping.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #6413
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Yeah, I have thought of getting an adapter hose with a T to use a big tank for the stove and lantern. Not enough to run out and get one, but still a thought.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #6414
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Chunky soup (strained) over fries. And, can you tell I like eggs?!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #6416
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjr View Post
And, can you tell I like eggs?
We already know you like eggs! Lol

I know I've been a little AWOL on this thread so here's catch-up time!

Tonight's dinner: basil gnocchi with a basil paste & bacon pieces & a little shredded cheese... and rotisserie chicken.
Attached Thumbnails
Foodies BS Thread.-uploadfromtaptalk1372384183287.jpg  
Old 06-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #6417
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, Tough! I generally don't like soup by itself (not enough calories for me), so jazzing it up over fries (or tots, or baked potato) does the trick for an easy hearty meal.

Kel - Good to see you're back, and nice return with delicious looking plate.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #6419
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
I wont be doing any cooking until like wed at the earliest. Might make breakfast sunday that is about it!!!
not a lot of cooking here either. when its hot out I don't have much of an appetite Plus who wants to stand over a hot stove when its so hot outside?!?! if I can't grill it then I don't eat it in the summer.

tonights dinner, first time cooking this week

Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #6420
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Last weekend was my 2nd 40th birthday party. ... held in NC at my fave German restaurant back in my old stomping grounds. We had a very nice appetizer spread: onion dip/crackers, greek-ish pasta salad, fruit, wings, stuffed mushrooms, & mixed sausages with onions/kraut (brats & knocks). Topped it off with an AMAZING hazelnut cake. ... had too much food left over though!
Attached Thumbnails
Foodies BS Thread.-uploadfromtaptalk1372385151233.jpg   Foodies BS Thread.-uploadfromtaptalk1372385177003.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread