LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Foodies BS Thread.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #6441
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
this just inspired me to grill a steak tonight!! wife and i share a huge thick steak..heat wave right now..so it will be a backyard feast. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post

Old 07-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #6442
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Some grilling from last weekend:
Saturday: Rib-eyes.
With rib-eyes I typically don't do much in the line of marinades or spices - the natural flavors are sufficient. To do something different, on these I had a little of each: salt, pepper, paprika, worcestershire, red wine vinaigrette. These also did not have a whole lot of marble, so I brushed them with melted butter with a little lemon juice and maple syrup mixed in.
After plated, I added a little chutney sauce made up of onions, garlic, tomato, mango and a few drips and drizzles of other things. Had some home-made garlic cheese rolls with it and a garden salad.

Sunday: Burgers
Home made sirloin beef patty, portabello mushroom, bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo.
Man that's one mean looking burger and i like the rib eyes the best also, looks very good, I'm going to grill 2 boston butts tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #6443
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Happy 4th of July everyone! I spent my holiday like most holidays: working. Getting ready to feed 1000 people on Saturday. Here's 20 pork butts rubbed and ready to go.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #6444
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Happy 4th of July everyone! I spent my holiday like most holidays: working. Getting ready to feed 1000 people on Saturday. Here's 20 pork butts rubbed and ready to go.

Them some big butts man, here's the 2 i did.[[/URL][/IMG]
Old 07-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #6446

Thanks, had some home made cold slaw and pound cake with it.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #6447
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With all the coffee talk here, has anyone used coffee as steak marinade? I have heard of people using coffee grinds as a rub and also coffee as a "brine" but has never tried it.
Coffee rubbed steak is the best I've ever had. My mom makes it and it is seriously good.

I'm not a coffee drinker.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #6449
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!

Chicken cheesesteaks with anaheim pepper/mushroom.... and, some hot peppers on the side.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:06 AM   #6451
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
^^^

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #6453
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
no way!! that is breakfast for one??

double eggs and double gravy?!! i'd go back to bed after that..hahah..
Old 07-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #6454
pre salsa from my garden. yum.
Attached Thumbnails
Foodies BS Thread.-img_0961_zps1070249e.jpg  
Old 07-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #6456
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
I may have to unsub this thread lol...

Started day 1 of juicing today. Supplementing with nuts & raw veggies. I think my grocery trip yesterday was the healthiest I've ever done.

Made a yummy little number this afternoon of watermelon, kiwi, lime, coconut water & ice.
Attached Thumbnails
Foodies BS Thread.-uploadfromtaptalk1373240982925.jpg   Foodies BS Thread.-uploadfromtaptalk1373241063535.jpg  
Old 07-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #6457
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommehK View Post
I may have to unsub this thread lol...

Started day 1 of juicing today. Supplementing with nuts & raw veggies. I think my grocery trip yesterday was the healthiest I've ever done.

Made a yummy little number this afternoon of watermelon, kiwi, lime, coconut water & ice.
Looks good!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #6458
Central Scrutinizer

Fridge cleaner-outer supper tonite. Some chicken cutlets with a sort of ratatouille/ chicken parm topping, Near East parmesan rice and pearled barley and some fresh local "off the cob" corn.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #6459
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome Luse!! ^^^