LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Foodies BS Thread.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #6841
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindleshanks View Post
Nice! It's about to be crab season out here, too. You've motivated me, sir!
It sure is and man they were good, I caught these on some chicken neck backs, had around 8 and threw back the females and smaller ones.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #6842
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Well, hamburger challenge has been blown all to hell. I met a lady, and well, just haven't had time for pics that much.... I'm sure you guys understand.

Anyway, here's a quick one before running out tonight.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #6843
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjr View Post
Well, hamburger challenge has been blown all to hell. I met a lady, and well, just haven't had time for pics that much.... I'm sure you guys understand.

Anyway, here's a quick one before running out tonight.
Burger looks great Pete! Now go get that lady!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #6844
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Location: south Florida - not from here though, I can count AND spell
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, decisions, decisions, what to use for mah burgers...

An egg, salt and pepper, two pounds of ground beef (85/15), Old Bay and garlic powder. Some parmesan/ramano cheese and a wee bit of bread crumbs to help bind everything together. And, yes, a little sweet catsup in the mix too.

Everything in a bowl. Mix as LITTLE as possible to bring it all together. The LESS you beat the hell out of the mix, the better for the flavor and texture.

Get it together, and using the scale parcel out into roughly 4.5 oz patties.

Also, some bacon and, when the bacon is done, some diced mushrooms in the bacon fat browned up for some NICE flavor.

Flippin'!

Fresh bacon mushroom cheeburgerz.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #6847
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Pumpkin seeds

What do these taste like? Similar in taste or texture to sunflower seeds?
Old 11-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #6849
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
That looks awesome Dennis!!! ^^^
Old 11-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #6850
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay21 View Post
That looks awesome Dennis!!! ^^^
Thanks! Just a simple salisbury steak. I wanted to make a cheese sauce for the veggies but the kiddos were getting impatient. Thanks again to la0d0g for the garlic!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #6851
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Thanks! Just a simple salisbury steak. I wanted to make a cheese sauce for the veggies but the kiddos were getting impatient. Thanks again to la0d0g for the garlic!
Might have been simple but it looks great!! How did that garlic turn out?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #6852
Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Might have been simple but it looks great!! How did that garlic turn out?
It was good. Roasted it until it was soft then just squeezed it out and mashed it up with the taters!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #6853
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
It was good. Roasted it until it was soft then just squeezed it out and mashed it up with the taters!
Cool! I'll have to try that sometime. Do you have the recipe on how to cook it?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #6854
Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Cool! I'll have to try that sometime. Do you have the recipe on how to cook it?
The garlic? Just find a little pan or even just make a little bowl out of tinfoil. Then chop the top off the garlic and add a little olive oil. Then roast it, turning every five minutes or so until it is soft. BTW, the oil is delicious! I put a little in the taters.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #6855
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
The garlic? Just find a little pan or even just make a little bowl out of tinfoil. Then chop the top off the garlic and add a little olive oil. Then roast it, turning every five minutes or so until it is soft. BTW, the oil is delicious! I put a little in the taters.
Yes for the garlic. What oven temp and what are the times?
Old 11-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #6856
Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Yes for the garlic. What oven temp and what are the times?
I had it at 350* took about 45 minutes. Don't burn it! It will taste like poop!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #6857
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
I had it at 350* took about 45 minutes. Don't burn it! It will taste like poop!
I'll have to give it a shot sometime!!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #6858
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Everything looks great up there!

Had some time to relax and make breakfast this morning. Eggs and bacon in the cast iron skillet.

Then, I added sliced tomato on a toasted english muffin. Nice start to a great day!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #6859
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSkynyrd View Post
What do these taste like? Similar in taste or texture to sunflower seeds?
Pretty much. You can pretty much make them any flavor you want like sunflower seeds too. I just like to add some salt to make them salty, but not too salty. I used this recipe and I think it's perfect: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes...pumpkin_seeds/ Plus you can eat the shell too on pumpkin seeds. One of the most healthy snacks ever.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #6860
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjr View Post
^^^ Everything looks great up there!

Had some time to relax and make breakfast this morning. Eggs and bacon in the cast iron skillet.

Then, I added sliced tomato on a toasted english muffin. Nice start to a great day!
OK, Got a question. We got a glass top stove and we not supposed to use cast iron fry pans. How do U get away with it ? I'd like 2 but she'd start WWIII. Thanks. Curious George. BTW makes me hungry.

Products Discussed in this Thread