Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Foodies BS Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #7141
SR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaks View Post
I have to eat it in a big honkin' bowl like you see here 'cause its generally too wet for a sandwich type deployment the way I make it.

But hey, don't let me stop ya...have at it!
I may have to make it this week and see how things work out! mayb throw the sausage in my new cast iron and sear it just to help break the pan in!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #7142
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
You guys ever order food online?

I've been ordering "healthy" snacks from www.nuts.com lately.

I fell in love with sesame teriyaki almonds & cashews, and rosemary garlic almonds & pistacios.

Stuff like that seems hard to come by in the dez.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #7143
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post

I fell in love with sesame teriyaki almonds & cashews, and rosemary garlic almonds & pistacios.

Never really order online, but I was enjoying these for about a year and now they don't carry them anywhere nearby.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #7144
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Never really order online, but I was enjoying these for about a year and now they don't carry them anywhere nearby.

Remember when they used to dye them red? Wtf was that about?
Old 02-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #7146
SR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to behold
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post

Planters has a sea salt and pepper one
Old 02-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #7148
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the planters was freaking loaded with pepper... to the point i could not eat them.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #7149
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR52012 View Post
I may have to make it this week and see how things work out! mayb throw the sausage in my new cast iron and sear it just to help break the pan in!
I always brown my meat either in a cast iron skillet or on the grill for a little bit before throwing it in the crock pot. It just add a little more flavor. Crock pot is convenient, but it tends to be a little bland.
My current clock pot has an aliminum insert, instead of the typical ceramic, so you can use that on the stove to brown the meat and then insert the whole thing in the crock without having to remove the meat, and still have all those juicy goodness in the bottom to cook through the whole meal.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #7150
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
I love my crock pot, we make pulld pork, mexican chicken, and a bunch of other stuff.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #7151
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
I always brown my meat either in a cast iron skillet or on the grill for a little bit before throwing it in the crock pot. It just add a little more flavor. Crock pot is convenient, but it tends to be a little bland.
My current clock pot has an aliminum insert, instead of the typical ceramic, so you can use that on the stove to brown the meat and then insert the whole thing in the crock without having to remove the meat, and still have all those juicy goodness in the bottom to cook through the whole meal.
I often do too. I'll sear the pork tenderloin, like so...

before it goes in

To cook up nicely

Old 02-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #7152
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
^^

Old 02-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #7153
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post

I haven't personally, and for one reason: As part of taking up cooking as a past-time, I've taken a strong belief that local, in season is almost always better for you and better tasting.

We spend about a third to a half of our food budget in any given time frame on locally grown, locally sold by local merchants, fresh food. Especially all the fruits and veggies, but also proteins ... buying from actual local farmers and butchers that are supplied by locals.

Farmers markets and buying direct from literal farmers' barns gives you amazing food if you can manage it. In a lot of urban areas, it isn't readily available. Thankfully, one of the few upsides to living where I do is 'fresh' imports from overseas at the ports AND halfway decent farms that grow almost anything you can imagine all year 'round.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:17 AM   #7154
Lastplace will become famous soon enough
Lastplace's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody cooking/grilling Flank Steak?

Flank steak marinaded KC Masterpiece Caribbean Jerk.
Attached Thumbnails
Foodies BS Thread.-steak.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014, 03:41 AM   #7155
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastplace View Post
Anybody cooking/grilling Flank Steak?

Flank steak marinaded KC Masterpiece Caribbean Jerk.
Looks good! I've been known to grill up a few myself.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:52 AM   #7156
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anybody have a good recipe for crab cakes. I made some last night and they sucked. Ended up throwing them away.
Check out Clyde's restaurant crabcake recipe. I worked there years ago and even though it's 4 hours away and don't get there much,every time I go I order them. They are the best. I like to broil or bake them, don't like the fried as much. Let me know if you try to make them.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/14008/cl...the-tombs.html
Old 02-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #7157

Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
I love flank steaks, but the price down here for them is *insane*.

It isn't uncommon to see them upwards of $6 a pound.

I won't pay that for them, I'm too cheap!
Old 02-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #7159
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Seared snow goose with goat cheese and balsamic. Fail on the balsamic - since I didn't reduce it, it just ran down the plate and pooled. It's balsamic, but it pooled on the plate and looks like blood.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #7160
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anybody have a good recipe for crab cakes. I made some last night and they sucked. Ended up throwing them away.
The best crab cakes I ever had were appetizers at the Capital Hilton in DC. They were piped onto the plate and cooked in situ, about as big around as a quarter. So amazing. Wish I could get the recipe.

Products Discussed in this Thread