Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Foodies BS Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2014, 09:12 PM   #7841
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Btw, just made banana and egg pancakes tonight. Little cinnamon and baking soda with a bit of pb2.... AMAZING
Old 07-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #7842
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjr View Post
Tried making jambalaya tonight. Here it is simmering just before adding shrimp. Simple recipe... just sliced smoked sausage, diced onion and celery, can (each) of diced tomatoes, chicken broth and tomato paste. Add seasoning (garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley and a few bay leaves... whatever you like), simmer for 20-30 minutes, then add shrimp for the last 5-10 minutes until cooked. Serve over rice.
So, how'd it turn out mon?
Old 07-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #7843
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Actually, pretty darned good. I kept it mild because Ann doesn't like hot & spicy foods, but it could really be jazzed up by adding cayenne pepper. Nice meal with lots of flavor easily prepared and served over rice. Definitely making this again!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:51 PM   #7844
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^^ Actually, pretty darned good. I kept it mild because Ann doesn't like hot & spicy foods, but it could really be jazzed up by adding cayenne pepper. Nice meal with lots of flavor easily prepared and served over rice. Definitely making this again!
That looked great!! I'd like to try it sometime!!
Old 07-31-2014, 09:43 PM   #7845
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Here's more inspiration!

From memory, here's how I prepared it.

Sear on medium heat 1/4" sliced smoke sausage in pan with some olive oil for two minutes, or until they are crusty to your liking.
Then, add 1 diced yellow onion and 2 or 3 ribs of celery sliced 1/4".
Then, add one 14 oz can of chicken broth, one 10-14 oz can of diced tomatoes, and one 6 oz can of tomato paste.
Turn up heat to medium-high and stir everything until mixed well. Cover and let cook for 20 minutes to break down veggies a bit. Stir occasionally.
Turn heat down to simmer and uncover, then add shrimp and cook for another 5-10 minutes. While doing this, boil water for minute rice and get that going on the side.
When it all looks good and ready, prepare a plate bed of rice and spoon on the goodness that makes jambalaya.
Take a pic and share with friends. Enjoy!
Sidenote: The recipe is a mild version. It would be amazing with cayenne pepper and/or cajun seasoning. I had it again tonight adding Sriracha sauce to my plate and really enjoyed the extra kick.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:09 AM   #7846
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Here's more inspiration!

From memory, here's how I prepared it.

Sear on medium heat 1/4" sliced smoke sausage in pan with some olive oil for two minutes, or until they are crusty to your liking.
Then, add 1 diced yellow onion and 2 or 3 ribs of celery sliced 1/4".
Then, add one 14 oz can of chicken broth, one 10-14 oz can of diced tomatoes, and one 6 oz can of tomato paste.
Turn up heat to medium-high and stir everything until mixed well. Cover and let cook for 20 minutes to break down veggies a bit. Stir occasionally.
Turn heat down to simmer and uncover, then add shrimp and cook for another 5-10 minutes. While doing this, boil water for minute rice and get that going on the side.
When it all looks good and ready, prepare a plate bed of rice and spoon on the goodness that makes jambalaya.
Take a pic and share with friends. Enjoy!
Sidenote: The recipe is a mild version. It would be amazing with cayenne pepper and/or cajun seasoning. I had it again tonight adding Sriracha sauce to my plate and really enjoyed the extra kick.
Thanks for the recipe!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #7848
Its 4 o’clock somewhere
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome Dennis!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #7849
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Don't mind the plates... banana egg pancakes
Old 08-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #7850
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Deep fried blue cat (my catch) tonight, with some jalapeno poppers since I was frying. Whipped up a remoulade out of mayo, mustard, Worcestershire and Frank's. About once a quarter, you just have to eat a ridiculous plate of fried food.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #7851
Banned
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Deep fried blue cat (my catch) tonight, with some jalapeno poppers since I was frying. Whipped up a remoulade out of mayo, mustard, Worcestershire and Frank's. About once a quarter, you just have to eat a ridiculous plate of fried food.

where in MO are you? i might stop by.....i haven't had good catfish in like a year
Old 08-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #7852
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post

where in MO are you? i might stop by.....i haven't had good catfish in like a year
Dead center of the state. This cat came from Mark Twain Lake. Camped and ran jug lines last weekend, came home with a gallon of fillets. Ate one half of one fish tonight, the rest is vac-packed in the freezer for lots more meals!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #7853
Banned
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dead center of the state. This cat came from Mark Twain Lake. Camped and ran jug lines last weekend, came home with a gallon of fillets. Ate one half of one fish tonight, the rest is vac-packed in the freezer for lots more meals!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #7854
Lieutenant Dan.

Mmmm everyone!! ^^^
Old 08-03-2014, 02:39 AM   #7855
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Being vegetarian..... I do miss some good catfish
Old 08-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #7856
SR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
Where is everyone??? It seems like no one is cooking!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:39 AM   #7857
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR52012 View Post
Where is everyone??? It seems like no one is cooking!!!
People have been....you've just been missing them haha.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #7858
SR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
Well I know I haven't, with moving and my truck getting t-boned not much has been happening lately.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #7859
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
So here's an idiot story, starring me.

Last weekend, I made mashed potatoes.

Simple enough, but I've never made them.

Well, turned out like shit. Flavor was there, but the texture was all wrong.

Apparently you're supposed to cube the potatoes prior to boiling. lol

A bit was undercooked and would not h-whip well. Oh well.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #7860
Banned
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
So here's an idiot story, starring me.

Last weekend, I made mashed potatoes.

Simple enough, but I've never made them.

Well, turned out like shit. Flavor was there, but the texture was all wrong.

Apparently you're supposed to cube the potatoes prior to boiling. lol

A bit was undercooked and would not h-whip well. Oh well.
lol, yup

pro-tip: if they are under-cooked, throw them in the over for a bit

also, i never whip, only smash

Products Discussed in this Thread