1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Foodies BS Thread.

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by T4RFTMFW, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Sep 25, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    Well, it was really good. The white meat was a TAD on the dry side and we were rushed to get food in front of the kids. My idea was add corn starch to cold water and then add to the juice in the pan to make a guick gravy. My girl put the starch right into the hot drippings and liquid like making a milk gravy with flour. The end result was gravy but lumpy. The kids loved it, she was asking, why are you taking pictures of our dinner, and why are you putting them on your toyota website. She is really a good cook. I come from a mother who is from the south, she is from the north, neither one of our folks knew what a "SPICE" was. And ketchup is not a spice. When it get's cold enough here in Florida, I will post my version of Veggie and Beef stew with cabbage, I am beginning to think I am into food too much....no I just like to eat and eat good food

2. Sep 25, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Never be too much into food.....keep on posting pics......make sure she always adds your thickening agent into cold water. You should try arrow root, there is no taste at all.....

3. Sep 25, 2011 at 6:37 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod

Will do and thank you....arrow root? I do some more looking around on this

4. Sep 25, 2011 at 6:38 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Arrow root looks just like flour and it acts as a thickening agent........

5. Sep 25, 2011 at 11:54 PM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    I made a apple pie this weekend and during blueberry season I made a blueberry pie. Both had some liquid. I used a little corn starch and flour with the sugar and seasonings to coat the fruit B 4 putting it in the crust. Is this arrow root mo better or do you guys have any suggestions. The pies were delicious so I'm not too worried about it but always willing to learn. Thanks for any reply or help.

6. Sep 26, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I usually dont do anything to the fruit if I am making pie with them,.......

7. Sep 26, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Had a Fish Fry party last night!! Fried up some trouts, cat fish and some coconut shrimp!! Salad made by my friends GF and my famous cheesy potatoes!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sep 26, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    ^^ nice!!! how long did you bake the potato for??!? was it covered with alum foil or open like the pic?

9. Sep 26, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Baked the potatoes for about 1.5 hours at 375 covered with foil. Last 10 minutes I added more cheese and took the foil off.;)

10. Sep 26, 2011 at 7:32 PM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    ^^^ Lookin good! :thumbsup:

11. Sep 26, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    damn potatoes take long ehh...

good to know, thanks![​IMG]

12. Sep 27, 2011 at 5:17 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    That fish fry looked delicious

13. Sep 27, 2011 at 7:29 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah it also depends on how thick you cut the pieces into also. Sometimes I will cut them in thicker sized cubes and put the heat up to about 400-415 for around the same time and they come out just fine.

Yeah it was!! Like I said, I never heard of a fish fry before so it was pretty cool to finally attend one.:D

14. Sep 27, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    futuretacoowner

futuretacoowner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7L xtra cab
    :hungry:

15. Sep 27, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    wow that looks good!!! with a glass of red wine! yum!:proposetoast:

16. Sep 27, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    That roast looks awesome!!! ^^^

17. Sep 27, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    if superman ate a bunch of garlic, will he have super bad breath?

sorry for the randomness but Dead Heretic's name is Clark Kent :p

18. Sep 27, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Yeah it looks great.......... I am hungry now.........

19. Sep 27, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    half my snack (just one) gonna eat my apple in a bit..

[​IMG]

20. Sep 27, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    wow lol... well, keep up the supercooking!

Products Discussed in

To Top