1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Foodies BS Thread.

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by T4RFTMFW, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Sep 27, 2011 at 9:42 AM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    per request of toughtaco i am going to make a short write up on my culinary creation of "deep fried french toast" that i made this morning. a breakfast fat asses dream!

here's the pic i sent to Live this morning
    [​IMG]

first, i am a connoisseur of well made french toast. here is the recipe i have perfected over the years

makes 5 pieces of french toast
    mix together in bowl
    -3 eggs
    -"heavy splash (lets lay 3/4 cup) milk
    -few drops of vanilla
    -heavy shake of cinnamon (let's say 2 tablespoons)
    -and around a quarter cup of sugar!

mix all that together in a bowl and dip your bread in it. make sure you stir between each dip or else the first two slices will grab all the cinnamon.

from there i throw it on a 20inch griddle i have, flip appropriately. keep it set to 300 degrees, no more. 350 will burn the toast without cooking it fully, not good. powdered sugar not needed. serve with syrup of choice, enjoy.

now, i got to thinking, could i deep fry this? i decided to make a mixture of funnel cake mix and pancake mix. 3 parts fc mix, 1 part pancake mix so it would still be cakey, and not just totally crunchy. i added enough water so it was pretty thin, a little thinner than a normal pancake mix for reference. dip the bread in french toast mixture that's mentioned above and immediately into the funnel cake/pancake mix. will take two hands to totally submerge it and keep it from tearing, drop in hot oil about 3-4 inches deep. brown on one side, flip (will take less time for second side), take out and set on paper towel lined plate and enjoy your heart attack!

edit: oh! and i forgot, i put cinnamon in the funnel cake/pancake mix too. definitely do this! maybe a tablespoons worth. there's already tons of sugar in it, and it adds more of that great flavor.

2. Sep 27, 2011 at 9:48 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    As you guys see I am always recruiting for this thread........

3. Sep 27, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    that standing rib roast looks great.

4. Sep 28, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    Baked potato w/ a tiny tiny tiny bit of margarine and salt.

Wheat wrap with spinach, arugula, cheese, and tuna... I added a little bit of caesar salad dressing to give it some flavor and moisture.

[​IMG]

2011-09-28_11.56.20.jpg

5. Sep 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Both pieces look yum! ^^^ I like simple baked potatoes too! I'm not always in the mood for decked out baked potatoes with all the other 12 ingredients, haha.

6. Sep 28, 2011 at 1:03 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    yayuh! and plus, you're defeating the purpose of healthy eating if you throw in all those other ingredients...if anything, i would add some chopped green onions!

did some research the other day and potato (with skin) is packed with potassium.... and i need that for my muscles! the other day i had a bad bad bad bad muscle cramp on my left calf.

7. Sep 28, 2011 at 1:05 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah healthy eating goes right out the window, haha. Sometimes for a snack I will bake some potatoes, slice them up in pieces and shake some salt over them and go to town. I also leave the skin on to, I like the extra texture.

8. Sep 28, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    nice nice! one side of the potato skin got stuck on the allum foil, i peeled it off and flipped the potato and that skin that was stuck became super crispy!!!! yum

they take so long to cook tho D: any way to speed up the process? friend said to microwave it for about 4 minutes then pop it in the oven for 20 or so minutes at 400.. (this is a whole potato)

9. Sep 28, 2011 at 1:11 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah I agree, they do take long to cook. That microwave idea sounds like it would work okay, I dont see why it wouldnt?

10. Sep 28, 2011 at 1:13 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    hmm, maybe ill try it tonight and ill post results

11. Sep 28, 2011 at 1:17 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Cool! Yeah let us know how it goes cause if it works good, I'll give it a try sometime. I'm having a BBQ at my place this weekend with some friends and I'll be cooking most of the main dishes so I'll post pics sometime after that.

12. Sep 28, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    oooooo nice nice! have you an idea of what some of those dishes will be?? or are you gonna surprise us!:rolleyes:

13. Sep 28, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Naw nothing to crazy for the most part. I have a super busy week all this week so I wont have a lot of time to clean the house and backyard so I'll be cleaning and organizing the house most of Saturday morning then I'll start prepping the dishes that I decide to make. I'll probably grill some steaks marinating them with seasoning salt and sliced mushrooms in melted butter. Its an old recipe I got from my ex but its really tasty!

14. Sep 28, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    mmmm steak sounds simple and delish! can't wait to see some pics :)

15. Sep 28, 2011 at 5:16 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Cranberry pork loin done in the crock pot with fresh spinach and mashed potatoes

[​IMG]

Delicious sorry about the bad cell phone pics.......

16. Sep 28, 2011 at 6:52 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    mmmm i can go for some of that minus some of the mashed potatoes! (not that i dont like mashed potato, but im trying to not eat starch at night ^_^ )

looks really good!

17. Sep 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    X2. Looks good! ^^^

18. Sep 29, 2011 at 4:30 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    It was definitely delicious, I have a to diet myself but I think I would still eat mashed potatoes. I would have to cut out in other areas.... I have a cheesecake calling my name when I get home from work after dinner tonight. Dont worry I will take a pic..........

19. Sep 29, 2011 at 6:17 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    omg.... i havent had cheesecake for a while !!! :drool:

btw, top of the morning to you sir!

20. Sep 29, 2011 at 6:26 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes