Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

The Hamburger Fatty Melt

Old 10-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
The Hamburger Fatty Melt

What you are looking at, ladies and gents, is what we at A Hamburger Today are calling the Hamburger Fatty Melt. Lemme give you the smack on this meat stack. From top to bottom:
  • Grilled cheese sandwich as bun top
  • Four-ounce beef patty
  • Grilled cheese sandwich as bottom bun
Got that? It's a burger with two grilled cheese sandwiches as its bun.

So stop what you're doing right now and go out and get the following ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • Pepperidge Farm Very Thin white bread
  • Kraft Deli Deluxe American cheese slices—yellow
  • Butter
  • A juicy tomato
This is pretty straightforward, and you probably don't need the recipe below now that you've seen the photo and grasped the concept. But if you want details from my trial-and-error session with this thing, have at it:

Bread: To maintain proper beef-to-bun ratio, it's important to use Pepperidge Farm's Very Thin white bread.

Cheese: American cheese melts perfectly for burgers and even more so for the grilled cheese sandwiches here. Kraft's Deli Deluxe line trumps its regular American singles. For ultra cheesiness, use two slices for each sandwich.

Tomato: A grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup is a classic pairing. Pay a nod to this duo by topping your burger with a slice of ripe tomato—or better yet, by layering a thin slice of tomato directly into the sandwiches between the cheese slices.

Patty Size: I experimented with two different size patties—6 ounce and 4-ounce. Given the thinness of the sandwich buns, the 4-ounce patty yielded the better beef-to-bun ratio. But I wouldn't fault you for going with 6-ounce patties, either; just buy enough meat and cook it about 4 minutes to a side.

Equipment: I used an electric griddle to prepare these, and it was big enough to handle two grilled cheese sandwiches and two burger patties at a time. The electric griddle was perfect for the grilled cheese but not quite hot enough to put a good sear on the burger. I'd recommend using a good cast-iron pan or griddle for the burgers and a separate pan for the grilled cheese.

Timing: If using two pans, start your patties about the same time you start the grilled cheese. FYI: The bread is so thin that the cheese melts quickly, so be prepared to flip sandwiches and remove from pan earlier than you might normally do.

If you really wanna get crazy ADD BACON!

Enjoy
Old 10-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
nice!!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
just had one for lunch for the 1st time...And omg...
Old 10-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
It's TACO time!
DFPTaco has a spectacular aura aboutDFPTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Josh
DFPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
looks like a heart stopper...

"I'll take two, and can I have it served on the rear end in neontrail's avtar please? Thanks"
Old 10-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
looks good except for the kraft singles.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Who wants to guess what I'll be eating the next time I got the munchies?
Old 10-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #8
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i wonder if you could sub the beef out for turkey or chicken??
Old 10-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #9
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Why not?

The wife is away tonight and tomorrow... I think I know what I'm making myself for dinner tonight
Old 10-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #10
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
i wonder if you could sub the beef out for turkey or chicken??

there are NO RULES!!! Would be killer with swiss, turkey and green chile! OMG YUMMMY
Old 10-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #11
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyobuyo View Post
looks good except for the kraft singles.
Deli Deluxe American
Old 10-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #12
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I will have to make one of those for my son
Old 10-03-2008, 08:09 PM   #13
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
You young guys make me jealous. 'cause I ate so much good stuff like that when I was your age....I can't eat it now.
I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
im jealous cause my throat hurts like hell now after surgery.....and i really am hungry and could definitely go for a couple of those fatty melts!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #15
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
im jealous cause my throat hurts like hell now after surgery.....and i really am hungry and could definitely go for a couple of those fatty melts!!!
Hey man!!! how are you feeling?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #16
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Hey man!!! how are you feeling?
like absolute shit man!!! sore throat from the bowels of hell.........especially since i can eat nothing but chicken broth right now!!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #17
Quote:
like absolute shit man!!! sore throat from the bowels of hell.........especially since i can eat nothing but chicken broth right now!!
Damn man that sucks, whats the recovery time on a surgery like this?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Damn man that sucks, whats the recovery time on a surgery like this?
3 to 6 weeks for going back to work, but for my throat to feel better....probably a week or so. it didnt help that i had a sinus infection too. oh well......guess i can daydream about the good food till i can have it.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #19
Quote:
guess i can daydream about the good food till i can have it.
Lol yeah just tell me what your gonna eat and ill eat it for you and tell you how it was.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Lol yeah just tell me what your gonna eat and ill eat it for you and tell you how it was.
............damn im gonna eat good in a few days!!!