Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Tailgating Grill

Old 05-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #1
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
Tailgating Grill

A friend of mine built this, looking forward to breaking it in this summer out on the trails. Any thoughts or suggestions on improvements for the next one?

Old 05-23-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, but that spare looks a little too close.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty neat, however it seems a little close to the spare.

I just use my $25 walmart propane camping/tailgate grill. I have used it quite a bit and at this point if it breaks and I have to buy a new one...Oh well, I only paid $25 for it. It runs off the little mini propane tanks.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks pretty cool. Maybe a flip down table on the left side of it? Or a couple of hooks to keep your cooking utensils hanging on to when you don't use them
Old 05-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #5
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely agree on the proximity to the spare. Since this was put together from spare materials there was little to no cost involved & since my buddy is a Jeeper he wanted something that he didn't need a tailgate for. They are already putting together another version that is a little bigger and would be a little bit higher off of the ground.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Is it mounted to the bumper or the spare?

He should make a swing away for it.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
Mall Krawler
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Is it mounted to the bumper or the spare?

He should make a swing away for it.
It is in the trailer hitch receiver so it's not permanent. It can be removed by simply unlocking the pin. I suggested a fold down rack & hooks for tools as well.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppert View Post
It is in the trailer hitch receiver so it's not permanent. It can be removed by simple unlocking the pin. I suggested a fold down rack & hooks for tools as well.

Ok cool. I would put a swing away on it.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like a good way to get your truck covered in grease if you use it a lot... I'll stick to portable grills that can be moved away from the truck.