LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Peppery Brown Sugar Salmon

Old 10-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Red face Peppery Brown Sugar Salmon

Serves 4
  • 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets (bones removed)
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Pat the salmon fillets dry.
3. Brush with melted butter.
4. Combine the seasonings in a small bowl and mix.
5. Sprinkle the seasonings over the salmon, and press down gently.
6. On a lightly greased baking sheet, bake for 20-25 minutes. Line the sheet with foil for easy cleanup.

__________________________________________________ __________

Blackened Herb Salmon:

1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets (bones removed)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
kosher salt
black pepper
dried Italian seasoning
dried dill weed
Garlic powder
Olive oil non-stick spray

1.Cover a broiler pan with aluminum foil and place fish on it.
2.Brush fish with olive oil, coating sides too.
3.Sprinkle fish with salt, pepper, herbs and garlic powder (Iíve found they adhere best to the fish if I do it in that order, but I guess itís not that critical)
4.Spray top of fish with the non-stick spray. It helps everything adhere to the fish and gives a little added protection to the herbs under the broiler.
5.Broil 12-14 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet. Top should be dark, sizzly and crispy!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
That picture looks delicious!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
That looks amazing! I have some salmon just sitting in my freezer. I'll have to try one of these.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
Prayers for Bill and Michelle
trcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant future

trcksr4grls's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to trcksr4grls
Ok that looks AWESOME!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #5
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice post
Old 10-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
when im able to eat solid foods again..............., im gonna gain about 40 pounds real quick like!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
I am about to find out what this recipe tastes like in 10 mins. I went with the blackened recipe.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #9
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I am about to find out what this recipe tastes like in 10 mins. I went with the blackened recipe.

nice!!!!! take pics if u can!!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:54 PM   #10
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Oops...sorry no pics, ate it too fast. It came out looking good. I was looking for some low fat recipe for salmon since I am trying to lose weight, and I couldn't believe I found something on TW. My mom tried it, and she even saved the recipe in her little collection. Blackened is the way to go! The crazy thing about the recipe is that it only took 13ish minutes, very cool! Thanks neon.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #12
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Oops...sorry no pics, ate it too fast. It came out looking good. I was looking for some low fat recipe for salmon since I am trying to lose weight, and I couldn't believe I found something on TW. My mom tried it, and she even saved the recipe in her little collection. Blackened is the way to go! The crazy thing about the recipe is that it only took 13ish minutes, very cool! Thanks neon.
YAY!! Glad it worked out!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #13
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Yum-o-licious!