- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter (*don't toss the wrappers)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 bag (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
*Use the butter wrappers to grease 2 cookie sheets.
Combine the flour, oats, cereal, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
2.In a second, large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
3.Gradually stir flour mixture into the butter-sugar mixture.
4.Stir in chocolate chips.
5.Drop batter by rounded Tablespoons, not teaspoons (I like to use a small ice cream scoop), about 2 inches apart onto prepared pans.
Bake until light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
Use a spatula to remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.