Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Don's Bulldog Burgers

Old 10-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Don's Bulldog Burgers

I want to put my “family famous” Bulldog Burgers on here for you all to enjoy... I'll add pics next time I make them...

I am a huge fan of burgers - and this is a really simple and easy thing to do. Even though I never measure ingredients - these Bulldog Burgers come out AWESOME every time I make them.

The first time I cooked for my fiancée’s family, we had a cookout. I made these burgers and I wowed them all! And because I have an English Bulldog, that’s how they got the name...

Disclaimer: The fact of the matter is that I never measure anything when I cook... so it's going to be somewhat difficult for me to get down to exact amounts of ingredients on here.... So - I recommend that you simply season to your taste... experiment a little and you will get a good burger that is sure to please.

***PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU MUST COOK THESE BURGERS ALL THE WAY THROUGH BECAUSE IT CONTAINS GROUND SAUSAGE! ALSO REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE WORKING WITH RAW MEAT – KEEP YOUR WORK AREA CLEAN AND SANITARY.***

-------------THINGS YOU NEED------------
· Grill
· Large Glass Mixing Bowl
· Cookie Sheet
· Ground Beef
· Ground Italian Sausage
· Eggs
· Finely Chopped Onion
· Shredded Cheese
· Olive Oil
· Minced Garlic
· Various Spices (noted below)

-------------THE STEPS------------
1. Start your grill so it starts getting hot.

**I like to slow cook my burgers for a more tender taste – so I set it to a medium to medium high flame/heat.

2. Start out with a large glass mixing bowl.

In the Bowl:
3. Add approx. 1-2lbs of Ground Beef (more if you are making more)

4. Add approx. 1lb of Ground Italian Sausage (Sweet, Mild, or Hot… and again, more if you are making more)

**Your beef to sausage ratio should be about: (2:1, Sausage:Beef)

5. Add one egg (cracked of course)

6. Add approx. 1/2 cup of finely chopped onions

7. Add approx. 1 cup of cheese (your call on what kind... I usually use an Italian blend or cheddar and sometimes both)

8. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. (don’t use more than that – it will flare up on the grill if you do)

9. Add 1-1.5 tablespoons of minced garlic.

10. Begin to add the remaining spices (use your own judgment here):
· Ground Coriander (this is an awesome spice with a lot of versatility – try it out!)
· Italian Seasoning
· Basil
· Garlic Powder (not too much since you added the minced garlic)
· Onion Powder (not too much since you added the onion)
  • Black Pepper
  • Sea Salt
  • Crushed Red Pepper (the more you add – the hotter it gets)

Next:

11. Get a Cookie Sheet and set it next to the bowl.

12. Using YOUR CLEAN HANDS, mix the meat and all the things you added to it until it is evenly distributed in the mixture.

13. Begin scooping out the burger meat in your hand and making what would look like a large meatball.

14. Flatten the meatball into a patty and place on the cookie sheet. I usually make a lot and end up separating layers of burgers with a piece of foil.

**Continue steps 12 and 13 until all of the meat is gone.

15. Take the cookie sheet out to the grill and place each patty on the grill. Cook them evenly - flipping them when you see the edges get slightly brown (that is my guide anyway) – being careful not to burn them! Never poke them with a fork until you think they are done… doing this will take the juices out of them and your will be eating a dry burger. Also remember that you will want to cook these all the way through because of the sausage.

16. Slap your newly made Bulldog Burger on a bun when they are done and enjoy with your favorite condiments. Feel free to add lettuce, onion, or whatever to them!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
That sounds good man. I'll be trying that one.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sounds good as hell! Adding cheese Nice!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
those sound really good man!!! i'll be trying this real soon.

they sound similar to mine, but with different ingredients added, and im like you....i never measure ingredients.,.......i always just eyeball it.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
those sound really good man!!! i'll be trying this real soon.

they sound similar to mine, but with different ingredients added, and im like you....i never measure ingredients.,.......i always just eyeball it.

Eyeballing them is the way to go... Always comes out great!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #8
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
Eyeballing them is the way to go... Always comes out great!
you got that right my friend!!

i'll post my burger recipe later today........and i'll also post my deer burger recipe!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #9
"Mark It Zero"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you got that right my friend!!

i'll post my burger recipe later today........and i'll also post my deer burger recipe!!!

Mmm... now you are just making me hungry!! Cannot wait to see it! I'll eventually do my Chili here and my Pasta Sauce.... I am a big fan of italian cooking....
Old 10-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #10
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
wow, sounds tasty. i'll have to throw some of these together next time i have a BBQ.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
Mmm... now you are just making me hungry!! Cannot wait to see it! I'll eventually do my Chili here and my Pasta Sauce.... I am a big fan of italian cooking....
cant wait for the chili recipe man!!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:46 PM   #12
LOWLO7 has a brilliant futureLOWLO7 has a brilliant futureLOWLO7 has a brilliant futureLOWLO7 has a brilliant futureLOWLO7 has a brilliant futureLOWLO7 has a brilliant futureLOWLO7 has a brilliant futureLOWLO7 has a brilliant futureLOWLO7 has a brilliant futureLOWLO7 has a brilliant futureLOWLO7 has a brilliant future

Name: Lauren
LOWLO7's Tacoma Gallery
Im thinkin' about tryin these this weekend!
My family and I are going camping and we always have burgers..
so might as well try a new kind :]
thanks!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #13
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I made these for the wife the other night. Only thing I did different was I put some cheddar cheese on the hamburg buns and toasted them in the oven while the burgers were cooking. She was impressed. thanks for the recipe.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #14
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
these burgers sound great, i usually put stuff in my burgers like that but never tried the sausage, i might just have to give this a try, thanks!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #15
"Mark It Zero"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I made these for the wife the other night. Only thing I did different was I put some cheddar cheese on the hamburg buns and toasted them in the oven while the burgers were cooking. She was impressed. thanks for the recipe.

I usually grill the buns - forgot about that - thanks for the reminder.