Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

What kind of beer for brats?

Old 08-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #21
WingNut55 will become famous soon enoughWingNut55 will become famous soon enough
Air Force: Active Duty
Name: Derek
WingNut55's Tacoma Gallery
Guinness...simmer though, do not boil=best brats ever!!!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #22
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
I save my beer for drinking and simmer my brats in water, but I never have the bud/miller/coors crap around which is almost water anyway. A brat isn't enhanced by beer in my experience, but chopped onions and spicy mustard does.

I'm originally from Wisconsin and sure wish i could find Brat buns in any and every grocery story like there.
Originally from Milwaukee, WI and I don't know if a brat is enhanced by beer because I never had one that wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish020 View Post
The Green Bay Packer way of making a Brat involves saute of onions in butter, then adding the Leinie's, then the Brats, simmer for several hours, crisp on the grill, add some of the onions from the beer bath and some good mustard on a roll and it is as good as it gets!!!
Never sauted the onions but that's the way it should be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Definitely not a myth, it keeps them nice and moist, then sear em on the grille and they're great! I've tried it with a bunch of different types of bee, Sam Adams, Yeungling, Bud and a few others. I liked the lagers the best (Sam Adams) but there wasn't a huge difference in taste between the good beer and the cheap stuff, at least not in my opinion.
Fully cooked yet still moist yum!