Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

What kind of beer for brats?

Old 06-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of beer for brats?

I've heard of people boiling brats in beer then finishing them off on the grill. What kind of beer do u think would taste besr?
My idea is boil the brats, vacuum seal, and freeze. Then grill them when we go camping.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
id go with a heavy beer. More full flavor that can be transfered. Id stay away from the basic cheap stuff, personally feel it lacks flavor and wont add much.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
I've heard of people boiling brats in beer then finishing them off on the grill. What kind of beer do u think would taste besr?
My idea is boil the brats, vacuum seal, and freeze. Then grill them when we go camping.
lager,,,, my family and myself are as german as they come lol any more german here and i would trade you my truck for a pair of levis and a hershey's bar its going to be a lager take it or leave it man.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery

this is what i use. usually use 3 cans. both a very good mix. i can not say that i have done a heavy beer to boil them. i should try it though.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
I like to use yeungling for my brats. Idk if you have that in Vegas though. But I would say just about any lager would be ideal.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
That is a myth. Drink beer then Eat the brat they mix on the inside and no alcohol is wasted in the cooking process!!!!

After 3 of each you won't know what year it is from the booze and brat bliss.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Never heard of that.

What I have done is cook them on the grill until almost done, then throw them in a simmering tub of the amber beer of your choice and some sliced white onions.

Let them simmer in that for a few minutes while your buns are toasting on the grill.

$$$$$
Old 06-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
That is a myth. Drink beer then Eat the brat they mix on the inside and no alcohol is wasted in the cooking process!!!!

lolwut?

You forget the year after 3 beers?

Are you a lightweight or something? lol
Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #9
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
I save my beer for drinking and simmer my brats in water, but I never have the bud/miller/coors crap around which is almost water anyway. A brat isn't enhanced by beer in my experience, but chopped onions and spicy mustard does.

I'm originally from Wisconsin and sure wish i could find Brat buns in any and every grocery story like there.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
lolwut?

You forget the year after 3 beers?

Are you a lightweight or something? lol

Yeah I am more of a wine and or Tequila sort of fellow nowadays.
I have had a beer or 10 in my younger days
Old 06-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #12
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post

Lol. I boil the brat first in water and then bbq!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
The Green Bay Packer way of making a Brat involves saute of onions in butter, then adding the Leinie's, then the Brats, simmer for several hours, crisp on the grill, add some of the onions from the beer bath and some good mustard on a roll and it is as good as it gets!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #14
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbturner47 View Post
I like to use yeungling for my brats. Idk if you have that in Vegas though. But I would say just about any lager would be ideal.

Same here, simmer in Yuengling, crisp on grill back to beer while everything else comes togethr. Good food right there
Old 06-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #15
Beerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Beerrun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish020 View Post
The Green Bay Packer way of making a Brat involves saute of onions in butter, then adding the Leinie's, then the Brats, simmer for several hours, crisp on the grill, add some of the onions from the beer bath and some good mustard on a roll and it is as good as it gets!!!
This sounds great. The Johnsonville Brat folks always recommend boiling in beer and onions, then grill. I would stay away from hoppy beers, (except for drinking) to much flavor.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #17
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish020 View Post
That sounds like $ right there!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #18
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Lets give it a shot. What kind of beer for brats?-uploadfromtaptalk1309372952641.jpg
Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely not a myth, it keeps them nice and moist, then sear em on the grille and they're great! I've tried it with a bunch of different types of bee, Sam Adams, Yeungling, Bud and a few others. I liked the lagers the best (Sam Adams) but there wasn't a huge difference in taste between the good beer and the cheap stuff, at least not in my opinion.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #20
theinjected1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
theinjected1's Tacoma Gallery
I have done this at least once a week for the past 15 years. I prefer to use a "heavy" beer. Not a big fan of using something overly hoppy, like an IPA, but something with a big flavor. Stouts are one of my favorite, followed by Guines or New Castle. I also add a large yellow onion that has been sliced into 1/2" slices. These then go into a "foil boat" on the grill wile the brats get some char, then onto the brat.