Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

anyone actually drink Buttermilk?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
anyone actually drink Buttermilk?

i buy it all the time as an ingredient. i've taken swigs of it to check it out. it isnt offensive to me, because i eat plain yogurt all the time..but i cannot see myself sitting down to a nice frosty glass of buttermilk.

anyone?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Beating Anorexia since 1976
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OmahaStylee's Tacoma Gallery
I just realized a couple months ago that I'm allergic to certain dairy products... I'm on Soy milk now...

I do remember an old episode of Batman (Adam West) where he drank buttermilk as a defensive move against being poisoned.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i buy it all the time as an ingredient. i've taken swigs of it to check it out. it isnt offensive to me, because i eat plain yogurt all the time..but i cannot see myself sitting down to a nice frosty glass of buttermilk.

anyone?
No way. Not necessarily the taste but you would be able to feel your arteries clog a little more with every swig.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
pugga. i thought that too. but it is lower fat than milk. crazy huh?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
pugga. i thought that too. but it is lower fat than milk. crazy huh?
whoa.... I never woulda guess that, I'm going to get me some buttermilk for my cereal tomorrow
Old 07-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
Dutchman is on a distinguished road
Dutchman's Tacoma Gallery
It's what's left after butter (fat) is removed.
And yes - I love a glass of good butter milk
Old 07-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
WizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WizzyTRDTXPRO's Tacoma Gallery
My grandpa drinks butter milk for a snack. I tried some as a little kid and it's nasty! Buttermilk is good only for cooking.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Like you I use it for cooking but not to drink. I figured buttermilk is what whole milk does if you get to hot after drinking it. (Curdle) My grandfather would drink buttermilk and eat cornbread. I like cornbread but you can have the buttermilk. I just threw up in my mouth a little thinking about drinking it.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #9
Big Metal Hubajube
oZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SatCom Veteran
oZmonKey's Tacoma Gallery
When I was a kid, my Dad would drink a glass of buttermilk every evening with dinner. He would salt it.

I never liked any kind of milk myself.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Buttermilk

I don't drink milk and I find it strange milk is even drank by adults. It is not needed. Humans are the only species that drink the milk of another animal on a regular basis.

If someone quotes the food pyramid as a "come back" it is required in that falsehood but that pyramid was invented and pushed by the dairy industry.
Screw the food pyramid, who wants dry cereal?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #11
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
I can't stand the stuff. Although I see my mom drink it all the time..
Old 07-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #12
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
dont you guys know, buttermilk....is one of the greatest treats of all time
Old 07-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #13
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
nope i remember my mom making me and my brother try it as kids.....we both threw up a little and she thought it was the funniest thing she had ever seen.....fuck buttermilk
Old 07-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #15
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
milk straight out of the cow chilled......

that's where the fuck it is at!!!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #16
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
milk straight out of the cow chilled......

that's where the fuck it is at!!!!!
damn straight
Old 08-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Buttermilk

I don't drink milk and I find it strange milk is even drank by adults. It is not needed. Humans are the only species that drink the milk of another animal on a regular basis.

If someone quotes the food pyramid as a "come back" it is required in that falsehood but that pyramid was invented and pushed by the dairy industry.
we are the only species that cooks our raw meats...is that strange? the human body works different than any other animal out there. but i dont really drink milk anymore either unless i got a pack of oreos
Old 08-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #18
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
No butter milk but I do drink regular milk with breakfast.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
No butter milk but I do drink regular milk with breakfast.
i prolly should......i used to drink a ton of it as a kid but now i hardly touch it unless i get a craving for some
Old 08-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #20
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Buttermilk

This is prolly stupidest post I've ever read on this forum. What other species has the means to harvest milk from another species? What other species drives Tacomas, drinks beer, shoots guns etc... Give us a break.