Notices

you eat SPAM?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #22
ser240z is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
ser240z's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicP View Post
If you are a post war asian kid than you gotta know spam. Yeah the flavored and low sodium stuff is nasty, wish COSTCO wouls aryy the regular stuff. Then again maybe not. My arteries would be messed up if I could get it by the case.
Depends which Costco you go to. My mom goes to the Costco that's further away just to buy Spam.

I could live on Spam and rice.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #24
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery

Old 08-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #25
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

now can someone please answer my question?!?!? does spam taste like bologna?
Old 08-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #26
ser240z is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
ser240z's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMatt02 View Post
now can someone please answer my question?!?!? does spam taste like bologna?
No. It's hard to describe, doesn't really taste like anything else.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #27
Mskwared is on a distinguished road
Mskwared's Tacoma Gallery
Was recently introduced to it by my philipino gf. Always thought it looked like (and would taste like) bologna but i was wrong. She slices it really thin and pan fries it until its pretty dark. Throw a few pieces over your rice then you can dip the pieces in soy and lemon juice. Bomb-diggity
Old 08-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #28
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
if it wasn't Spam it was them Vienna Sausages
Vienna sausages yes. They r good to an extent. Can't go wrong with them or potted meat, grew up on it. Not cause I was poor but I loved the stuff. And also a fan of spamburgers and spam in general throw some mustard on it n its good.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #29
Banned

taste anything like liverwurst then?
Old 08-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #30
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
i recently learned that the ham chunks in my salad at school is actually spam. Not too bad either.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #31
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMatt02 View Post
taste anything like liverwurst then?
Not really, more like a salty beef patty....I can't describe it.

Go grab a can, slice them 1/4 in thin, pan fry until it starts to turn light brown and eat it with rice...or bread
Or throw a brown sugar / soy sauce glaze

Then report back. TWs gonna steal your spam virginity
Old 08-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Not really, more like a salty beef patty....I can't describe it.

Go grab a can, slice them 1/4 in thin, pan fry until it starts to turn light brown and eat it with rice...or bread
Or throw a brown sugar / soy sauce glaze

Then report back. TWs gonna steal your spam virginity
Well I'm goin out tonight so i think im going to try it tomarrow for lunch. Im going to pan fry it with some soy and brown sugar, then throw in some sauteed veggies with maybe some sesame oil, and then pan fry some rice in the same wok. then throw some sesame seeds on top. I'll report back in the foodies thread!
Old 08-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #33
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
it taste like a ham loaf. the main flavor is SALT.

i like it. but my blood pressure cannot support it regularly in my diet. i would die.

it is my earthquake food. but i admit, i love "food rotation" day. we have five gallon buckets of beans and rice. cases of spam, can food. earthquake time, i'll get fat and fart alot.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #34
patwrik is on a distinguished road
patwrik's Tacoma Gallery
LOL...this post is like calling out all the filipinos / hawaiians / islander peeps out. Nothing wrong with that...

I love my spam cut thin and pan fried. Think of it as an alternative to bacon. Serve with rice.

Spam diced into little cubes and put it in some top ramen.

Spamusbis....
Old 08-06-2011, 12:45 AM   #35
06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Engineman
Name: Tanner
06yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Damn with all the spam masubi talk... loco moco is still my favorite though, from Koa Pancake House and some Tobasco.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #36
Thaiguy85 is on a distinguished road

Thaiguy85's Tacoma Gallery
Spam fried rice is probably my favorite application of SPAM. Fried egg and SPAM sammich is another fav. But cold SPAM is a bit much for me, especially with the gelatinous aspic that coats it.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #37
T4C0MA has a spectacular aura aboutT4C0MA has a spectacular aura about
T4C0MA's Tacoma Gallery
I love me some spam. Mostly pan fried with some eggs and hash browns, nom nom nom!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #38
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Had it once. It was cold on a sandwich and disgusting. Maybe it's better cooked but I don't know if I ever want to find out.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #39
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JFKLives's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, I can't understand why nobody likes this stuff. I can see it being kinda gross before cooked but saying it doesn't taste good just doesn't make sense.

*disclaimer* I rarely eat it spam due to the sodium content but it's delicious over rice / runny eggs!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #40
The Lone Wolf of TW!
Ninja is on a distinguished road

Name: Charles
Ninja's Tacoma Gallery
Yup....used to live in Hawaii....Spam is everywhere, including McDonalds and 7-Eleven.
One of the best Spam recipes was used the cheapo Ramen noodles, fried up with Shoyu, peas and carrots and a little cabbage...poor mans yakisoba.

Quote:
Quote from 06yodaamn with all the spam masubi talk... loco moco is still my favorite though, from Koa Pancake House and some Tobasco.
Koa Pancake House....that place in Kaneohe is still around. Talk about memories. mmmm