LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Any Vegetarians out there?

Old 08-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #42
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery

EDIT: got it.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #43
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
yeah but we need to get that stupid hockey thing off the homepage.

how bout a compromise? a vegetable/pun?! . ..

hahaha thanks, i had to move a bunch of soggy boxes at work and thats what they said on them. apparently it was just water on them....
Old 08-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #44
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
hahaha thanks, i had to move a bunch of soggy boxes at work and thats what they said on them. apparently it was just water on them....
it was a pun. Pea - urine! get it?!! . . . my mother is an RN and i was back home the other day and saw that on her kitchen table. i guess it was the first box she grabbed before she went out to pick them. .. . . meh, i thought it was funny.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #45
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
On a serious note, I do love some vegetarian dishes...I like a lot of the pasta's and things with Cashews.
pasta is definitely towards the top favorite foods of mine, along with Mexican food and other Italian stuff
Old 08-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #47
mechanically retarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
it was a pun. Pea - urine! get it?!! . . . my mother is an RN and i was back home the other day and saw that on her kitchen table. i guess it was the first box she grabbed before she went out to pick them. .. . . meh, i thought it was funny.
wow that pun slipped right past me
Old 08-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #48
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
I eat vegetarian as often as I can. But my wife isn't one, which makes it hard. So I take the Buddha's approach ... be thankful for what is offered to you. She cooks meat, I eat meat. But when I cook, I like to lay off the flesh. Love a good tofu taco. Or spinach, zucchini and yellow squash lasagne with wheat noodles and crush red pepper. Mmmm. Or green chili & egg cassorole. Love a good spicy veggie stirfry over brown rice too.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #49
mechanically retarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
I eat vegetarian as often as I can. But my wife isn't one, which makes it hard. So I take the Buddha's approach ... be thankful for what is offered to you. She cooks meat, I eat meat. But when I cook, I like to lay off the flesh. Love a good tofu taco. Or spinach, zucchini and yellow squash lasagne with wheat noodles and crush red pepper. Mmmm. Or green chili & egg cassorole. Love a good spicy veggie stirfry over brown rice too.

quit that now, your making me hungry and i just ate dinner. spicy food is awesome. my girlfriend cant make some awesome burritos and casseroles. the green chile and egg one sounds pretty good along with the stir fry
Old 08-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #50
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
wow that pun slipped right past me
well it's not the easiest one, but it gave me a laugh when i saw it and i found it meekly applicable here.

and oz. . .

and to the rest of you, good night.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #52
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
it was a joke. why so serious?
Old 08-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #53
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
You talking to moi ?
Old 08-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #54
mechanically retarded

Quote:
it was more of a statement to be honest, its the interwebs tho
Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #55
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
vegetarians are for girls and gays
Cool story bro, wanna lax it up with me later?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #56
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest, I like a lot of vegetarian food -- but only interesting vegetarian food.

I hate when vegetarian dishes try and replicate or replace meat-based dishes. I.e. - black bean and Boca burgers are terrible.

But I think that some dishes are much better vegetarian. I tend to like eggplant parmesan over chicken parmesan. A restaurant near me serves and awesome butternut squash enchilada, and I had a really good ricotta and lemon ravioli last week.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #57
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Eggplant parm is yummy.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #58
DblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DblCabMN's Tacoma Gallery
Pescatarian (Vegetarian+Seafood) here for about a year.

Did the straight Veg thing for the first 3-4 months. Incorporated fish for the health benefits and ease of eating away from home. Try to eat only wild caught when we can. Avoid HFCS/Corn Syrup like the plague and aim to eat as few GM foods as possible.

But are absolutely not pushy about other peoples food habits, it's their body, not ours.

*Edit* Also haven't eaten at a chain fast food 'burger' shop in 4-5 years - what they pass off as "food" ...
Old 08-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #59
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
I suppose it depends how you "define" vegetarian.

Remember math in junior high? If A=B, and B=C, then A=C?
Well, if animals eat plants, and I eat animals, then yes, I'm a vegetarian.

Now if that logic doesn't work, and you're a "you are what you eat" guy, then, well, my ex was a vegetarian.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #60
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine has the best saying , he says he's an " opportunivore "

He eats whatever he has the opportunity to