LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Smoking with a traeger

Old 09-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Smoking with a traeger

Going to smoke some food today with a buddies traeger.

What are your tips when smoking food?

whats a good heat to start smoking at?
How long do you usually smoke it?
How do you tell when its done? Color? inside temp? sight?

I've grilled tons of times on propane and charcoal but never a smoker.

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
Crazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
Crazyfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
Going to smoke some food today with a buddies traeger.

What are your tips when smoking food? Don't Over Smoke it...but that would be tough to do with a Traeger.

whats a good heat to start smoking at? 215 - 225
How long do you usually smoke it? Depends, What type of meat, and weight of meat, and what internal temp said meat should be cooked to.
How do you tell when its done? Color? inside temp? sight? Internal meat temp!!!!!! Sometimes poultry wont look done because it holds a certain "pinkness" due to the smoke.

I've grilled tons of times on propane and charcoal but never a smoker.
Your using one of the Easiest\best types of smokers out there. Just check and see what type of pellets you have for your desired flavor. Let the grill do the work, and sit back and enjoy.

Thanks everyone!
My .02 in red.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfrog View Post
My .02 in red.
x2
Old 09-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
My .02 in red.
perfect answer thank u my good man +1 for u
Old 09-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
Crazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
Crazyfrog's Tacoma Gallery
So.....your killing me here dude.
What the heck are you gonna smoke?
Beef, Pork, or Puoltry?
I just did a turkey breast last weekend, and then threw some wings on for a couple of hours before it was done. Marinated in McKormics Mesquite for 2 days, smoked on Hickory. Damn, I'm makin myself hungry! LOL
Old 09-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #6

Quote:
So.....your killing me here dude.
What the heck are you gonna smoke?
Beef, Pork, or Puoltry?
I just did a turkey breast last weekend, and then threw some wings on for a couple of hours before it was done. Marinated in McKormics Mesquite for 2 days, smoked on Hickory. Damn, I'm makin myself hungry! LOL
haha my bad just found out a bit ago but we'll be doing beef, unsure what cut it is though.