Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Olive Garden: American Flag Display Would ‘Disrupt the Dining Experience’

Old 10-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
Senior Citizen
MT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant future

Air Force: Telecomm Tech
MT Madman's Tacoma Gallery
Olive Garden: American Flag Display Would ‘Disrupt the Dining Experience’

I'll never visit another Darden Restaurant again:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/oliv...ng-experience/
Old 10-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Too little info to make a decision.......How big was the Flag?Seems the company (as they say) couldnt accomodate in a private room, and Im not sure how I would feel while I was eating, and someones Flag kept getting in my table....
Old 10-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
Senior Citizen
MT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant future

Air Force: Telecomm Tech
MT Madman's Tacoma Gallery
If you watched the video it showed a 3'x5' ceremonial flag which would take up less than a square foot of floor space including the stand.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
eh, fuck em.
anybody whose dining experience is disturbed by an american flag can gtfo of this country.
If I was eating, and your Flag, regardless of Country, was getting into my food, table, and generally disrupting my personal time, I would be pissed. I love America, but Im not sure owning a Flag gives you cart blanche to carry it where ever you want.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Madman View Post
If you watched the video it showed a 3'x5' ceremonial flag which would take up less than a square foot of floor space including the stand.
I ddnt watch. However, If they didnt have a private room, then I can understand the point of the business. Im sure they had no disrespect intended, but keep in mind, a business has Fire Codes to go by, as well as other things. Especially a food establishment. The Flag could pose a hinderance if a Fire, or other emergency broke out. Also, If it was in close proximity to others, while eating, What kind of health risks doe it pose?
Old 10-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Yo darden
Old 10-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #8

Quote:
oh yeah didnt think of that- a flag could disturb eating like that i only thought of people getting pissed at the sight of the flag. plus you could get tomato sauce on it...
even more importantly, would be to make sure the Flag didnt get soiled. Respect for the Flag must include taking care to keep it well kept, and presentable.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Madman View Post
My opinion, my choice. Your opinion, your choice. Now we both must live by them.
And I could be a little biased, as most places out here, seem to have the Flag presented in front of their establishment, some even have lights shining onto the Flag at night. Others have the Flag indoors. So....I belive the Flag is well respected/presented out here.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #11
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
What moron thought Olive Garden was a place to have a banquet?

I'd be pissed if a banquet was going on next to my table, which is what this was.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
What moron thought Olive Garden was a place to have a banquet?

I'd be pissed if a banquet was going on next to my table, which is what this was.
Exactly. I don't eat at OG, I'd rather go to a local italian place or drive the 1.5 hrs to The Hill in St. Louis and have fantastic, authentic italian.

That being said, why would OG agree to have a banquet in the middle of their restaurant with no private room? Times are tough I guess. I'd be annoyed if I was a patron and not part of the banquet itself.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #13
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Exactly. I don't eat at OG, I'd rather go to a local italian place or drive the 1.5 hrs to The Hill in St. Louis and have fantastic, authentic italian.

That being said, why would OG agree to have a banquet in the middle of their restaurant with no private room? Times are tough I guess. I'd be annoyed if I was a patron and not part of the banquet itself.
Exactly back at you.

It was described as an Awards Banquet, that must include a podium and announcing winners and.............

No way is OG the venue for such a banquet, bad idea, find a private venue.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
SunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
SunDevilTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I read this yesterday. While I disagree with their decision, unless they can prove it presented a safety hazard, they have as much right to ask that the Kiwanis not fly the flag as the Kiwanis have to ask the fly it. If OG felt the flag could create an issue for some diners it's their right to ask it not be flown, just like any other establishment owner would have to prevent a disruption in their establishment. That's part of the beauty of living in this country - we have private property rights...for now, anyway.

That said, this is the United States of America, dammit! If anyone currently in this country has a problem with it being flown for any reason can kiss my fucking scrawny red, white, and blue ass!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #15
jbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbrooks is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: CRNA
jbrooks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
never heard somebody refer to olive garden as OG....making me lol b/c it also stands for original gangster...

Over Gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG2xjCH9cTI
Old 10-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #16
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if the flag and banner were mentioned but the person renting the place?? I have coordinated some retirements/promotion functions and such. I learned the hard way a long time ago to ask about flags, in stands or being held by honor guard etc, banners, pa's, music, cameras etc. In todays litigious society and very liberal interpetations of vicarious liability in todays courts CYOA mentality abounds in the real world.

Cypher