Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Bad restaurant experience

Old 10-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Bad restaurant experience

Ok, been wanting to try Red Robin for some time now as I don't have one very close to home. Ate at the closest one to my house this evening. About a 45 minute drive and we were in the area. Food was good. (sorta) Sit down order, food comes, everything seems fine. My wife gets to the middle portion of her burger, pink in the middle. (she said well done) I don't know why people eat ground beef medium? So anyway right after she points this out to me and ask's if mines ok, which it was, I take another bite and get a hold of what I thought was a tough piece of lettuce as it starts pulling out of my burger and I cant bite it off. So I peel the bun off and find that it's wax paper. WTF? I don't know if it was from the cheese, off the patty or what but sure enough a woman (not sure who she was, not our server) ask if everything is ok? Um.....No. She indeed says it does look like paper and quickly takes my food and orders me a new burger. So being very patient, my new burger gets there quickly, my wife didn't complain about hers since she was halfway done and already full. So second burger was great and got there quickly. They did knock off the price of my meal. But none the less, a bad experience. I don't think my wife will go back, partially due to the cost. Can almost get a steak dinner for that. Anyway, not meaning to rant, just wondering if anyone else had bad experiences with them?
Old 10-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The couple times I have been the food was good. Not good enough to make me seek the place out in the future, but no complaints.

I did try to order a margarita at Ruby Tuesday's in South Carolina on a Sunday once......that was funny, I swear the room got quiet. The south really is a whole different ballgame.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Never been to red robin, chillies or apple bea's is the best burgers around here for me.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
I been there once and it was o.k. This could happen anywhere at least they compd the ticket?
Old 10-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i love red robin... every 10th burger is free. i always order my burgers medium. love their food. sucks you had a bad experience.

also where can you get a steak dinner for <$30? for two
Old 10-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Funny thing is, we seem to have bad experiences when eating somewhere new to us. A few years back we were on vacation in Daytona beach and my wife said before we went we have to eat at Bubba Gumps. Sat down, ordered as our server explained about the signs on the table. Leave it on green you're good, flip it to red means you need something and ANY server that passes by is supposed to check on you. Well after sitting for 20-30 minutes our server hadn't come back and not one of the employees passing by would stop as we had our sign on red after waiting so long. We didn't see our server anywhere so we thought maybe her shift ended and nobody knew to pick up her table or something. Finally someone stopped, they checked and no order was ever put in for us so we had to order all over again, the manager came out and apologized giving all 3 of our meals on the house. Turns out our server had a large party outside and apparently forgot about us, that was fine, but nobody would stop to check as the signs were set up for. Anyway luckily we were in no hurry and were very patient that day. If it hadn't been a special place for us though, we would have walked out.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
also where can you get a steak dinner for <$30? for two
We eat Texas Roadhouse a good bit. Usually 12-15 bucks a person compared to the 11 per plate at RR had we not gotten the free meal. Not a huge difference to us for a steak compared to a burger.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #9
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Meh, never been to Red Robin but I will stick with Olive Garden as my choice of eatery
Old 10-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #10
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
I work at Red Robin. That paper was from the cheese. Probably just a mistake on the cooks part. I agree that it is expensive. My store is next to a Longhorn and I honestly cant understand why you wouldnt go there first. Its 12 bucks for a steak and salad with a baked potato and bread. Why would you pay 15 for a coke and a burger with some fries.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Funny thing is, we seem to have bad experiences when eating somewhere new to us. A few years back we were on vacation in Daytona beach and my wife said before we went we have to eat at Bubba Gumps. Sat down, ordered as our server explained about the signs on the table. Leave it on green you're good, flip it to red means you need something and ANY server that passes by is supposed to check on you. Well after sitting for 20-30 minutes our server hadn't come back and not one of the employees passing by would stop as we had our sign on red after waiting so long. We didn't see our server anywhere so we thought maybe her shift ended and nobody knew to pick up her table or something. Finally someone stopped, they checked and no order was ever put in for us so we had to order all over again, the manager came out and apologized giving all 3 of our meals on the house. Turns out our server had a large party outside and apparently forgot about us, that was fine, but nobody would stop to check as the signs were set up for. Anyway luckily we were in no hurry and were very patient that day. If it hadn't been a special place for us though, we would have walked out.
My girl and I had a bad experience at Bubba Gump's. They put that stack of plates on the table for appetizers. Well, the first one in the stack looked clean, second one was covered in tartar sauce. I picked up the first plate and got my hand covered in someone else's sauce, spit, etc. I was pissed. It could have happened anywhere and it was an honest mistake, but I am glad my girl had it handled by the time I got back from washing my hands. I would have tried to be polite, but I was definitely mad.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #12
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
RR isn't awesome. We don't have one but St. Louis has plenty. I could see the appeal of the bottomless fries if you were super-hungry.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
i worked at Texas Roadhouse for a bit. i have no desire to go back there and eat their food. ever. there is a reason it is so cheap.
Don't tell me that - we have one opening up here.

Actually, I have gotten pretty great at cooking steaks a couple different ways, so I rarely go out for steak and I never go to a chain for steak anymore. A quality HyVee cut dried out for a day in the fridge, brought to room temp and then seared on the hottest cast iron skillet I can muster = an awesome steak for me. I'll add some butter as it rests if I'm feeling really decadent.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Its funny about 4 years ago there was a Red Robin around 30 minutes from my house. It was close to work so sometimes I would run in and get lunch or dinner. The food was always good and I liked ordering from them, the milkshakes were super good. Then one day all of a sudden it was closed. Find out a while later it was tax fraud and found out that they werent paying their employees either...
Old 10-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #15
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Really? problem corrected and thats a bad experience?

How about going to an expensive restaurant on the SF bay only to have your drink never refilled and you see your waiter twice, once to get drink and food orders... since it took him so long to get there in the first place, and second time to deliver food. then they charge 18% gratuity because there's 5 people I almost snapped... but it wasn't my party so i just kept my mouth shut
Old 10-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
Really? problem corrected and thats a bad experience?
Well it wasn't a very pleasant experience eating paper.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #17
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Well it wasn't a very pleasant experience eating paper.
I would have peeled it off and continued eating then mentioned it for a discount. Half the time I get a mouth full of paper when I eat an in n out burger anyway.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #18

Quote:
I would have peeled it off and continued eating then mentioned it for a discount. Half the time I get a mouth full of paper when I eat an in n out burger anyway.
True, but at first I wasn't sure what it was. Even after I pulled it out I was like what the hell? Is that paper? My wife couldn't tell nor the woman that checked on us. But she snatched it up quicker than I could say it's okay. It was a thick piece of paper, wax paper I guess.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #19
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But that paper is so damn good. I love in n out...I dont care if they we're serving ground hog... I would eat it
Old 10-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #20
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, that's nothing. I got moldy bread at a restaurant once. At least the restaurant gave my entire family's meal to us for free.