Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Draft Beer.. WTF

Old 11-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #21
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
LOL...I don't discriminate between "good" and shit beer. I love them all.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #22
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I keep a keg online at the house all the time for almost 5 years....I've drafted Blue Moon, Bud Light, Guinness, Monk's Ale, Widmer and tons more.

3 things cause beer to taste bad out of a keg

1) Dirty Lines as was stated
2) Carbonation as was stated
3) The keg has sat in there too damn long....a keg will start to go "off" after about 45 days

And too.....dirty glassware......the beer can be awesome....the glass you drink out of....not so much LOL
Old 11-30-2011, 12:22 PM   #23
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
It's probably because of the sugar content in the beer. (the headaches, that is)

Most light beers are diluted and the sugar content is lower (hence lower calories).

The main reason wine gives people a banging headache is the sugar. Same with light vs. heavy beer. The more calories in it (a 20oz Dos Equis has 236 calories in it and 17.5gr of carbs -- most of which come from sugar) the more likely you'll get a headache.

As for the draft vs. bottled/canned debate, I dunno. Maybe you drink more or faster than you would out of a can. Or maybe you guys are just pansies.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #24
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
And too.....dirty glassware......the beer can be awesome....the glass you drink out of....not so much LOL
This. If your beer tastes soapy, you might have gotten a soapy glass. Especially if you drank others that tasted fine.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #25
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
so i need to tell them to clean the lines
Old 11-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #26
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
And stop drinking fruit beer
Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 AM   #27
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
but its delicious... plus none of the places close serve anything good on tap.. and not a fan of the drinking and driving all the way from richmond
Old 12-01-2011, 06:27 AM   #28
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
I keep a keg online at the house all the time for almost 5 years....I've drafted Blue Moon, Bud Light, Guinness, Monk's Ale, Widmer and tons more.

3 things cause beer to taste bad out of a keg

1) Dirty Lines as was stated
2) Carbonation as was stated
3) The keg has sat in there too damn long....a keg will start to go "off" after about 45 days

thats pretty much every factor to different tasting beer, also if they dont "run" the line to get the beer that sat in it over night will give it a bad taste too, since its not being stored at the right temp. if the beer is too cold or the glass is too cold it will cause it to foam up more. Everytime our beer guys came i made sure they cleaned the lines pretty sure they hated when i was bartending
Old 12-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #29
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011AFTundra View Post
so i need to tell them to clean the lines
if it has an old funky taste yes, or its an old keg.