Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Poor Man Dinner

Old 11-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Poor Man Dinner

I thought this had already been posted, but i couldnt find it...

My all time favorite meal.

You can use pork chops, hamburgers, steak, chicken....It doesent matter...Ive found Pork chops are the best...

3 Pork Chops
3 Potatoes...The red ones are real good for this...
1 Big Onion
1 Green Pepper
4 or 5 Carrots...Or a handful of the little baby ones
Salt
Pepper

Line a 9x13 baking pan....(I have no idea of the size...Its the one that is longer than it is wide...) with aluminum foil. Leave enough hanging over the edges to wrap back around and make it air tight...

Slice open the potatoes and load them down with butter. Close them back up and lay them in the pan along with the pork chops...
like this...

X = Pork Chop
O = Potato

X O X
O X O

Slice the onion and place a slice directly on top of each pork chop and then just spread the rest of the onion out in the pan. Slice up the Green Pepper and lay it in evenly across the pan. Same for the carrots...

Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper...

Seal up the foil, with the tabs you left hanging over.

Bake at 400 for an hour.

This feeds me and my wife...If you have kids...You might need to get a bigger pan and just add another pork chop and a little more onion and peppers...

It should come out VERY VERY juicy...If it comes out dry the first time you make it...Just place a spoonful of butter on top of one of the pork chops next time...remember every oven is different...So after about 45 minutes, you might want to check and see if its done...The carrots usually take the longest to cook, so when they are done...your good to go...

ENJOY...
Old 11-11-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
damn that sounds great man!!! awesome post!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
DevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant future

Name: Kenny
DevilsChild's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man. I can sure use that often when low on funds.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
damn that sounds great man!!! awesome post!!!
You know what makes it even better???

Substitute deer steak in place of the pork chops...Nothing like tenderloin man...
Old 11-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris77 View Post
You know what makes it even better???

Substitute deer steak in place of the pork chops...Nothing like tenderloin man...
oh hell yes man!!!! i love deer steak anyway.......and i have a tenderloin in the freezer right now that i think i'll use with this recipe!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
Prayers for Bill and Michelle
trcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant future

trcksr4grls's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to trcksr4grls
Can it also be a poor womans meal??? Cause it sounds good...
Old 11-16-2008, 04:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trcksr4grls View Post
Can it also be a poor womans meal??? Cause it sounds good...
mmmmmmm.......angelina!!!

angelina can have anything she wants!!!