LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Cottage stew

Old 11-12-2008, 07:32 AM   #1
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Cottage stew

serves me three times, and Whitney once;

-half pound ground beef or steak cubes
-four whole potatoes (red if you so choose)
-1/2 squash
-1/4 onion (walla walla or vidalia for sweetness)
-1/2 wheel of colby jack cheese
-four parsnips or carrots
-four large tomatoes (I pre-stew mine)
-cabbage (two "sheets")
-1/3 cup corn niblets (I cut them off a fresh ear myself)
-handful of wallnuts (Warning, make sure you don't have an allergy man!)
-whole balck pepper corns (I used a palm full)

Dice the potatoes, onions, carrots or parsnips, squash to liking and plop in the crock pot. Cut the sheets of cabbage to liking and plop in the pot. Drop the corn, walnuts, and cheese in too. I chose to use pre-stewed diced peeled tomatoes (no salt kind) from the can for ease...go ahead plop them in. Don't forget about the seasoning too man!

I threw in a pinch of cumin, chili powder, and handful of tarragon leaves.

Let them bubble all day in the crock pot.

I like to grill my meat shortly before dinner, so its nice and juicy. I sometimes dip the meat in Worchestshire sauce.

Plop the cooked meat into the pot for a bit and enjoy.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
DevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant future

Name: Kenny
DevilsChild's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man and easy to make. Gotta try it sometime