Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

I think I might have gotten myself into a bind. Dinner for the Girl help

Old 11-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #41
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Name: Jason
YoaterBoater's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo7 View Post
Fire up the grill man! It's not that hard! Google! Feed em and keep the wine glass filled. Enjoy the dessert! (and no - that doesn't mean to drive your truck across sand dunes!)
Bump wine, get beer.. haha But too bad im only 18
Old 11-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #42
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

The girl I am cooking for is the one on the right.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #43
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
from what ive heard (ive never done this) you can microwave the potato (without alluminum foil LOL) for about 10 minutes and then throw it in the oven (wrapped in foil and some olive oil) for about 15 minutes... this cuts some time...
Ya, you can nuke em... poke fork holes all over em so they don't explode (or slit with a knife). I've seen a few people do this as well, but the potatoes usually turned out a bit greenish and of little flavor
Old 11-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #44
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Steak, asparagus and buttsecks. Nah ask the ladies: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gre...light=ask+girl
Old 11-30-2011, 02:26 PM   #46
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoaterBoater View Post
The girl I am cooking for is the one on the right.
yup, be sure to take pics....
Old 11-30-2011, 02:26 PM   #47

Ive usually just nuked the potatoes when I cook them but I wanna look like I know what im doing and put them in the oven. So olive oil and 400 degrees for an hour, and what about the asparagus? Olive oil, salt, pepper, and then stir in a pan? How will I know when its done exactly
Old 11-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #48

Oh and guys.... SHE DRIVES A 2009 DOUBLECAB 4x4!!!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #49
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck... shes cute as shit....
Old 11-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
if she likes you then it wont matter what you make her.. she will be there for you not the food..... if you make something like pasta and garlic bread with a salad.. you cant mess up and your done nice and easy.. more time spent relaxing .. relax its just a girl ..... girls like it when they see a guy stumble to so it makes you look more down to earth .. trust me if she dont like the meal she isnt going to leave you .. but if she doesnt like you ... it doesnt matter what you cook..... so my advice be yourself enjoy the night and it will go a long way ..
That really eased my mind on this. Now that you pointed out the whole relaxation thing, i wish i wouldnt have gotten steak haha.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #51
Hmmmm

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ive usually just nuked the potatoes when I cook them but I wanna look like I know what im doing and put them in the oven. So olive oil and 400 degrees for an hour, and what about the asparagus? Olive oil, salt, pepper, and then stir in a pan? How will I know when its done exactly
on grill, with steak about 5-7 mins.... use grill tray if needed.

Should be slightly limp but still firm when you bite into it.... and yes, that means you have to sample things as you go
Old 11-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #52
Unofficial member of the Rebel Alliance
robgeetar is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
robgeetar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That really eased my mind on this. Now that you pointed out the whole relaxation thing, i wish i wouldnt have gotten steak haha.
toss the steak in the freezer and forget about it!

everytime I've gone out with a chick I don't ever recall them ordering steak even where they specialize in steak!

pasta's the way to go, even local grocery places have the premade lasagna trays, they aren't too big. Basically buy, set oven, throw in, ready in 20-30 minutes. As stated earlier, make a salad, toast some bread you'll be good and don't over think it. If she's a keeper she'll be down for whatever you make man
Old 11-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #53
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Fuck... shes cute as shit....
X2
Old 11-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #54
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgeetar View Post
toss the steak in the freezer and forget about it!

everytime I've gone out with a chick I don't ever recall them ordering steak even where they specialize in steak!

pasta's the way to go, even local grocery places have the premade lasagna trays, they aren't too big. Basically buy, set oven, throw in, ready in 20-30 minutes. As stated earlier, make a salad, toast some bread you'll be good and don't over think it. If she's a keeper she'll be down for whatever you make man
fuck that...always meat and potatoes..

that way there, they learn to know what to always expect
Old 11-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #55
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
personally, id go to fresh and easy to the frozen section and they got a small bag (enough for you 2) of frozen brocolli, carrots and cauliflower. You can just tossed that in a small little pot with some water (so it wont burn/stick) and drizzle a tad bit of olive oil and put it over a low - medium heat covered for a few minutes. this is to steam it...

Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #56
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
No don't cook for girls, then they expect it and ask for it when you don't want to!

Actually this is perfect way to screw up the food.. get out of it forever....
i always cook for girls. they love it when you do that. and its hell of a lot cheaper than $50 at a restaurant.

and OP, don't cook chicken until you've really got her in the bag. undercook it and she gets salmonella, overcook it and it's dry and not good. stay with a beef or pork.

i always like to cook breakfast in the morning. breakfast food dinners are always good and hard to screw up.

a grilled pork chop is always really good and easy too. some green beans and corn bread or something like that. cant go wrong.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #57
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Chicken parm over linguini, french bread, several nice bottles of wine.

Works better than Colt 45, and we all know its track record...
Old 11-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #58
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
If you invite the other chick over in the picture Ill come help yah cook.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
dont sweat it .. just make sure its a tad pink not to well done and your golden .. she will like it .. now if she is a oxford girl good luck .. im from olive branch north ms and the hardest girls in the state to really please are the oxford girls.. and most of the time you dont want to anyway as they think they are gods gift .. but other than that for real dont worry about nothing life is long and i promise if it doesnt work it it wasnt meant to be .. have fun enjoy the evening and let it be .. tomorrow is another day ...
Hahaha man you dont have to worry about that! She grew up watching ole miss with her family because her dad went to medical school there. I took her to the egg bowl this past weekend and I showed her who to pull for haha. She is a great girl. She isnt stuck up in any way and everyone that I have talked to has always said good things about her. I went to high school with her but never talked to her. But now that we are in college, I said fuck it and it turns out that shes into me. I got really lucky with on this one haha
Old 11-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #60
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
If you invite the other chick over in the picture Ill come help yah cook.
sweet mercy i just saw the pick. . . you'll have to beat me there.