Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

I think I might have gotten myself into a bind. Dinner for the Girl help

Old 11-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #81
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Make her a hot dog. It will tell her what you're really thinking!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #82
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Name: Jason
YoaterBoater's Tacoma Gallery
Just thought Id fill yall in on the night. It went great! Wouldve been perfect if I wouldnt have lost track with the steaks. We got into a little conversation and I ended up having to cut her off when I remembered haha. They turned out a little dry but the asparagus and potatoes turned out perfect. She was really happy to know that she was the first person I have ever done this for. She even offered to cook for me whenever I go to her place. We ate then kicked back on the couch and watched "Punisher". Successful night to say the least. I really appreciate all the help yall gave me. Yall really saved my ass on this one and I really appreciate it.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #84
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoaterBoater View Post
My dad is out of town for the week and Ive been wanting to cook for my girl. Saw this as the perfect opportunity to do so. What in the world could I cook for dinner that isnt too terribly hard to fix. She isnt picky and I really wanna impress her with it as well. Could yall help me?

Wow, she is beautiful.
I say cook her some spaghetti, chicks like spaghetti!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #85
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Wow, she is beautiful.
I say cook her some spaghetti, chicks like spaghetti!
I think I did pretty good with her but im not gonna lie, it was all luck haha.

I ended up cooking steak and a few side items. The night went great. Thanks for the feedback man!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #86
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think I did pretty good with her but im not gonna lie, it was all luck haha.

I ended up cooking steak and a few side items. The night went great. Thanks for the feedback man!
Yeah, no problem.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:31 AM   #87
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just thought Id fill yall in on the night. It went great! Wouldve been perfect if I wouldnt have lost track with the steaks. We got into a little conversation and I ended up having to cut her off when I remembered haha. They turned out a little dry but the asparagus and potatoes turned out perfect. She was really happy to know that she was the first person I have ever done this for. She even offered to cook for me whenever I go to her place. We ate then kicked back on the couch and watched "Punisher". Successful night to say the least. I really appreciate all the help yall gave me. Yall really saved my ass on this one and I really appreciate it.
success!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #88
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
If she offered to cook for you then you won!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #90

Well guys, me and her are done with haha. Lasted all of 3 weeks!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #92
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I appreciate the quick feedback! Im debating between pasta or the steak dinner. She likes asparagus, so I could cook that with olive oil. Its gonna suck cooking steak though being its 30 degrees at night haha. Do yall know many 18 year olds that cook for their girl? haha
steaks, aparagus would be good - but sounds like you'd be better off with the lasagna route... if it's a meat lasagna, you could still do the asparagus. the steak thing will be harder to pull off, and much more can go wrong if you're not really comfortable with it. with the lasagna, you can make it ahead of time and then just pop it in the oven. you won't be running around trying to make it right before dinner like a steak - and then you'll have time to be talking with her instead... trust me, i've done all the cooking for my wife and our entire marriage. girls love it when you cook for them. on our second date, i made enchilada's for her (same thing as lasagna in that you can make them ahead of time)

So make a lasagna, put it in the fridge.
A salad... have it pre made...
Make the garlic bread right before she shows up (not cooked yet)...
Pop the lasagna in the oven right before she comes over - it will make your house smell amazing, which really adds to the ambiance. The good thing is you need to give it time to cool down afterwards anyway. After you take it out, then yuou can put the bread in... take out the salad...
Wine?

You'll be way more relaxed than cooking steak and aparagus (it's really easy to over/under cook the steak, and way easy to overcook the asparagus) and you'll be more stressed, which makes it less enjoyable. Especially if you're grilling it outside - running in and out of the house while she's sitting inside.

Trust me... this is one of the areas I'm good at and have a lot of experience... you'll have more than enough time later to make her a steak if it works out...

Old 12-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #93
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

it's cause you made her watch the punisher. sheesh.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #94
I'm a zit. Get it?

woodygg, i just gave you some stuff we can't talk about for the hard work and helpfulness of that post, but check above. its over (he did good), but she just bailed on OP.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #95

Haha its all good though. She had been in a relationship for a year about 2 months ago and she said she just isnt sure what she wants just yet. But I stayed with her one night during those 3 weeks haha. If I could do it again id do it the same though, great girl and good times.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #96

It couldve been the fact that I told her to clean up the kitchen afterwards??? Haha she just isnt ready to settle down with reality