Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

I think I might have gotten myself into a bind. Dinner for the Girl help

Old 11-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Name: Jason
YoaterBoater's Tacoma Gallery
I think I might have gotten myself into a bind. Dinner for the Girl help

My dad is out of town for the week and Ive been wanting to cook for my girl. Saw this as the perfect opportunity to do so. What in the world could I cook for dinner that isnt too terribly hard to fix. She isnt picky and I really wanna impress her with it as well. Could yall help me?
Old 11-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
No don't cook for girls, then they expect it and ask for it when you don't want to!

Actually this is perfect way to screw up the food.. get out of it forever....
Old 11-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
But I have had good luck making sloppy joes and steaks.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
How bout some
Tortellini with a Red sauce and french bread or garlic bread and ceaser salad. And get some roses to put around the table with candle light.
You be set
Old 11-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
this ^^ pasta is pretty hard to mess up
Old 11-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Lasagna, super easy, buy the noodles, and use cottage cheese instead of the ricotta or whatever mix the package recommends.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
It's a trap.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
shake n bake chicken and some kind easy to make sidedish. have something cool in mind for dessert. can't loose with that and you can't ruin shake n bake chicken- it's impossible
Old 11-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Steaks on the grill, super easy...baked potatoes, also easy. Steamed veggies, also easy.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #12
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

I appreciate the quick feedback! Im debating between pasta or the steak dinner. She likes asparagus, so I could cook that with olive oil. Its gonna suck cooking steak though being its 30 degrees at night haha. Do yall know many 18 year olds that cook for their girl? haha
Old 11-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Baby back ribs.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #14
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Play dumb-let her do it or help-makes them feel needed!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 11-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
It's a trap.
Youve got me rethinking this whole situation...
Old 11-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #16
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin904 View Post
Steaks on the grill, super easy...baked potatoes, also easy. Steamed veggies, also easy.
i agree. steaks are easy and kinda hard to mess up. only think that can go wrong is you burn them. lol my mom did that last summer. Backed potatoes are pretty easy as well.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #17
cstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carl
cstephan's Tacoma Gallery
women are evil!!! ^^^^^ i agree its a trap

I have impressed a lot of girls this way, have gotten a lot of ass this way, go with chicken PARM, prep 30 min, bake 35 min at 350, salad, and a connolie for dessert

Shrimp cabobs with meat!

you could fly me there, and i will cook for you, then slip out the back door
Old 11-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #18
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoaterBoater View Post
I appreciate the quick feedback! Im debating between pasta or the steak dinner. She likes asparagus, so I could cook that with olive oil. Its gonna suck cooking steak though being its 30 degrees at night haha. Do yall know many 18 year olds that cook for their girl? haha
You could always cook them in the oven, though not quite as tasty imo. Wrap them individually in foil to keep the moisture in, throw some carrots and onions in with them, pretty nom-tastic.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #19
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
you can cook steak on a pan/skillet on a regular stove.....

if you go the steak route, put some basic seasonings on there and let it sit already thawed in room temperature for about 20 minutes before you cook it... and after you cook it, make sure you let the steak sit for about 5-10 minutes... this will help leave the steak nice and juicy... hell, while you wait, make your asparagus... to make things easy, i would just cook it in the same pan/skillet that you just used for your steak! Throw in some olive oil, toss the veges in and if you got some sauce, drizzle some sauce on it... add some sliced mushrooms too! that'll be yummy.!!

When its done, plate up and serve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoaterBoater View Post
Old 11-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #20

All this talk has me starving...MUST EATTTT.