Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Anyone can their own food?

Old 10-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #21
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
This brings back memories!

I remember when I was living with my mom and stepdad we used to jar dang near EVERYTHING that we grew in our garden, or picked at the local farms. We would take a weekend and on Saturday we would go to a local farm and pay dirt cheap to go out and pick whatever we wanted. We would get tomatoes, cucumbers, mustard greens, turnip greens, you name it. Then we would go home and spend the rest of Saturday, Saturday night, and all day Sunday cooking and canning. My mom had 4 pressure cookers going on the stove and GOD I got tired of pealing tomatoes or cutting up greens. They sure did taste better than the canned stuff from the store though!
last year I canned 4 quarts and 20+ pints from the tomatoes of just 2 plants. They are soooo good. I can't stand going back to store bought canned tomatoes.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #22
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
last year I canned 4 quarts and 20+ pints from the tomatoes of just 2 plants. They are soooo good. I can't stand going back to store bought canned tomatoes.
now hold on..

some cans from the store rocks! just look for ones without calcium citrate. just tomatos, water, salt.

i like CECCO. i like the italian ones for the most part. gets me past winter, when my own stash runs out.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #23
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
its called the Ball blue book of canning. Im Pretty sure I got mine at wal mart
Oh, okay
Old 10-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #25
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
now hold on..

some cans from the store rocks! just look for ones without calcium citrate. just tomatos, water, salt.

i like CECCO. i like the italian ones for the most part. gets me past winter, when my own stash runs out.
Maybe if I have to, but I like mine better. Just Tomatoes. maybe some garlic and basil.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #27
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-26-2014, 07:39 AM   #28
ramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really nice

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
...is..this ..

still..

alive?