Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

creating a pub menu.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
creating a pub menu.

I want to present an idea of using unused kitchen equipment in the bar at my local ski hill to create a pub fare menu. I have do not know what the kitchen looks like so I don't know if this is feasible or not. Here are my ideas for a menu I would like to present to the owner and manager.

deep fried mushrooms
deep fried pickles
steak fries (deep fried slices of beef)brushetta
artichoke dip
sweet potato fries w/ aioli
bacon wrapped scallop with maple chili glaze
fish and chips
fried chicken
bbq chicken panini
steak and mushroom panini
steak quesadilla
chicken quesadilla

What do you guys think?? any to Omit or add on. I want to keep cost and ingredient lists to a minimal but also want a good variety. Again this is just an idea and I do not know how feasible this is. I said it was for a ski hill but I also want to be able to market to the general population and not just a niche market.

edit: wings are a given!
Old 12-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like expensive pub food.

I would be turned off by most of that stuff.

Who wants garlic mayonnaise (aioli) on some sweet patater fries? lol

Greasy simple bar food > complicated pub fare. Know what I mean?

I don't know how skiers eat, so maybe your proposed menu fits the kind of people that ski there.

But personally, I dislike when places complicate and jazz up standard bar noms.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Sounds like expensive pub food.

I would be turned off by most of that stuff.

Who wants garlic mayonnaise (aioli) on some sweet patater fries? lol

Greasy simple bar food > complicated pub fare. Know what I mean?

I don't know how skiers eat, so maybe your proposed menu fits the kind of people that ski there.

But personally, I dislike when places complicate and jazz up standard bar noms.
It is a bit of an upscale menu, in my area there isn't already a place that does that.

I also want to stay away from the stuff that is already served by our Canteen . I see what you mean though about greasy bar food. Sometimes I have to remember not to go too complicated (I used to worked for a high end hotel chain so I am used to the fancier side of things.) I want to try and have most items price between the $7 and $10 dollar range.

BTW try aioli and sweet potato fries, its one of my favorite drunk foods. Also thank you for your input.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretacoowner View Post

BTW try aioli and sweet potato fries, its one of my favorite drunk foods. Also thank you for your input.
lol ok.

There's a steakhouse here in SD that has like a maple glaze for dipping sweet potato fries in, so good.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
Beer. Craft beers.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
lol ok.

There's a steakhouse here in SD that has like a maple glaze for dipping sweet potato fries in, so good.
That sounds epic!
Old 12-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpneely View Post
Beer. Craft beers.
I would have no control over the alcohol unfortunately, but I will have a chat with the head bartender. There are some really good microbreweries in the province.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #8

bump
Old 12-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Add cheesesteaks.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Heretic View Post
Where are the wings!?!?!
didn't include the wings cause thats a given
Old 12-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Heretic View Post
Better have been, I love wings
They are one of my favourite food groups!! I like getting them so the wing is still whole including the tip then frying them then place in a pan with franks red hot butter and garlic
Old 12-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #13
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
And sorry I dont think any of the things that were on your original menu would be too expensive. You have to remember (and of course this is in reference to ski areas in the northeast) skiing is a very expensive hobby. Ski's are in upwards of $500 and up thats without $200 boots and rentals for the day are in the area of $75 and ski lift tickets are in the area of $75. A cheap bar food bill should be the last of there worries.... just my opinion. Nothing on the menu you stated seemed like it would be very expensive anyways.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #14
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
Fried dill pickle chips FTW!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #15
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Fries with gravy and a garden burger
Old 12-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Fries with gravy and a garden burger
Pouting is the biggest seller in the canteen so I don't really want to make stuff they have, that's why I don't have any burgers on the menu either.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
And sorry I dont think any of the things that were on your original menu would be too expensive. You have to remember (and of course this is in reference to ski areas in the northeast) skiing is a very expensive hobby. Ski's are in upwards of $500 and up thats without $200 boots and rentals for the day are in the area of $75 and ski lift tickets are in the area of $75. A cheap bar food bill should be the last of there worries.... just my opinion. Nothing on the menu you stated seemed like it would be very expensive anyways.
People are cutting their spending, we are seeing it everywhere. I would like to be able to offer an inexpensive menu so that people buy food from the hill more Instead of bringing food from home. And I love the idea of soup, mainly the chili!!
Old 12-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #18
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Add...

-Roasted Red Bell Pepper Aoli

-Jalapeno Poppers (cream cheese, NOT CHEDDAR) with a side of strawberry jam

-Italian Nachoes ( won ton wraps fried, alfredo sauce, grilled chicken, and so on)

-Potato Skins

-5 easy panini's - ham - turkey - roast beef - grilled cheese - veggie

-French dip WITH green chile

-French Bread Pizza (like Stoffers)

Soup just doesnt sell.....even in a ski town like you'd think. Chili YES !
Old 01-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #20
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Concur with the maple dipping sauce for the sweet potato fries. The Yardhouse has that and it's awesome, only thing that would be better is maple BACON dipping sauce.