Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

The power of GOOD BREAD

Old 12-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up The power of GOOD BREAD

So my wifey has a friend in Wisconsin that has been fighting with cancer for almost 2 years. Chemo treatments, Radiation therapy ect.... She's been under going for the last 2 weeks a REALLY strong extreme Chemo treatment...as a last resort. 15% chance to survive 3 more months.

Saturday, she was taken by ambulance to the local hospital, ( she normally goes to Mayo clinic) and was not doing good at all. Chemo has her not keeping anything down and she can not even drink water. Her blood pressure was 70/36. They were going to send her to a trauma center thinking this was it. She decided to go home to spend Christmas with her family instead against doctors orders.

Wifey is always telling her about the good bread I make daily ( at work ) and bring home. She is always asking to have some shipped to her. So in her Christmas gift box, I had tucked in 2 loaves of Cherry toasted Walnut bread. The box arrived 3 hours after she got back from the hospital. She had a slice right away with toast expecting of course to not hold it down. But, it is the only thing she has been able to keep down at all. She had a total of 4 slices toasted on Saturday through out the night and she said each time she ate a piece, she would start to feel a bit better. In two days in total she has eaten and held down 9 slices. She has tried regular toast and still throws that up.

Today as her family ate Christmas dinner, she had two more slices of my bread at the dinner table with them and was able to spend Christmas with her family.

Who knew
Old 12-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I will be shipping her MORE
Old 12-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
fantastic!! imagine if she could take a Bong hit?

my stepdad is going thru this exact thing. it is brutal to watch. good luck to your friend.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
fantastic!! imagine if she could take a Bong hit?

I have suggested that^^^^....even offered to make brownies
ANYTHING to help make her feel comfortable

TY and good luck with stepdad
Old 12-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
^^
true, my doc said eating it is better for cancer patients. especially my dad who is suffering lung cancer. smoke is the last thing he needs.