Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

very nervous. i have 8 senior citizens coming over!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
very nervous. i have 8 senior citizens coming over!

new year's eve lunch. i live in a culdesac. wife and i are the youngest residents. most of everyone is retired, widowed..or just angry (get off my lawn!)

i talk to them all. help change motor oil, do minor yard work, heavy lifting..etc. come to find out, most spent Christmas alone. why they dont all meet for dinner is beyond me? anyways, monday, wife walked around and invited all of them over for a simple meal.

i am going to keep it simple. grilled thick cut porkchops. some apple chutney, garlic mash potatoes..steamed veggies. i'll start the meal off with roasted butternut squash soup..and a green salad.

wish me luck. i'll get them all boozy with my wine stash..and whip up vodka martinis. i never cooked for 8 people before.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
What a great idea!!! Should be a great time. The first annual get together
Old 12-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
What a great idea!!! Should be a great time. The first annual get together
x2
That is very kind!
Sounds like an awesome meal!!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the defibrillator warmed up and ready to rock.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure the pork is nice and tender. You don't want any of their dentures coming loose because they were trying too hard. Gotta think about those who might be gumming it too.

But kudos to your wife for being such a sweetie!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
I just cooked for 9 last night, my family and my fiance's met for the first time, it was little nerve racking at times but it turned out well, thankfully I've cooked for that many guys at the fire hall before and they are all Gordon ramsay's so I'm sure you'll do fine! Good luck!

Oh and that meal sounds good!!! Room for one more??