LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Looking for the Best Chili Recipe

Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Coqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoqui is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Coqui's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for the Best Chili Recipe

Anyone has a good Chili recipe? I have a potluck coming up at my neighborhood and want to cook Chili. Any ideas of what quality meat should I use?

Looking at something Mild Grade.

Thanks
Frank
Old 01-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
1 big can of chopped tomatoes
2 cans bush's chili beans
1 clove of garlic
1lb of meat
1 onion
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of cumin

Its a good base with good spice. Double recipe would make a good bit of chili. You can add and other stuff too if you want. Start the meat and garlic together. Then add the onions. When the onions are sauteed start adding your other stuff.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
JessyJay is on a distinguished road
JessyJay's Tacoma Gallery
google

it!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
It all depends on what region you are in.

Traditional chili has no beans.

Just meat spice and tomato base sauce.

I like 1 pound 80% 20% ground beef
1/2 pound chopped steak (stew meat)
1 large can tomato paste (not soup)
2 cups water
1/4 cup diced Jalapeno (seeds removed finely chop)
1 sweet onion finely chopped
2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 bunch dried red peppers (bunched to simmer in cooking pot remove before serving)
Salt to taste

Cook the Ground beef till brown

The every thing into a pot and let simmer for 4 hours
you might need to add more water to thin it out.
Remove the dried peppers before you serve.

If you want it with beans,
I use 3 kinds of beans to make a bean chili

1 can Kidney Beans (do not Drain)
1 can Pinto Beans (do not Drain)
1 can Bush baked beans (why would you drain baked beans)
2 cups water
1 bunch dried red peppers (bunched to simmer in cooking pot remove before serving)
Salt to taste

You can add chili powder if you want instead of the whole dried peppers
about 1-2 table spoons depending on your heat tolerance.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Chicken chili too.

1 can Black beans(Do not Drain)
1 can corn (Drain)
1 cup (diced) cooked chicken

Salt and black pepper to taste
Old 04-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
chili with no beans is spicy spaghetti sauce! To each their own. In the south east chili is super fine ground beef and ketchup sauce. Its really gross. Like cheap ballpark chili.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specalt View Post
It all depends on what region you are in.

Traditional chili has no beans.

Just meat spice and tomato base sauce.

I like 1 pound 80% 20% ground beef
1/2 pound chopped steak (stew meat)
2 cups water
Salt to taste

Cook the Ground beef till brown

If you want it with beans,
I use 3 kinds of beans to make a bean chili

1 can Kidney Beans (do not Drain)
1 can Pinto Beans (do not Drain)
1 can Bush baked beans (why would you drain baked beans)
2 cups water
Salt to taste

You can add chili powder if you want instead of the whole dried peppers
about 1-2 table spoons depending on your heat tolerance.
I'm gearing up to try this in the morning.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #9

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I'm gearing up to try this in the morning.
How did it go?
Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #10
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
This might be late but....Here's the recipe for chili I use....sorry it might be long.....

Turkey Chili w/black beans and sweet peppers (its good even tho its turkey trust me)

Serves 6

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion,chopped
1 lb ground turkey
4 cloves garlic,minced
1 tsp each : dried oregano,salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
2 tsps chopped canned chipotles in adobo sauce
12 oz beer (I use a good red beer like Killians)
14 oz can black beans
1 red,1 yellow pepper chopped
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Method: 1. Heat oil in large skillet. Add Onion;cook over high heat, stirring until lightly browned. Add turkey & garlic. Cook over high heat breaking up turkey with spoon until almost cooked through (3 minutes or so).

2. Add oregano,salt&pepper cook 1 min. Add tomatoes,chipotles, and beer. Stir and cover. Turn heat to medium/low; cook, stirring occasionally for around 15 minutes. Add beans with their liquid and bell peppers. Cook, uncovered for 10 minutes. Taste for seasoning, stir in cilantro.

It is a simple and quick recipe and I like to make it the day before. I at least double it so I can freeze some.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the receipe ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessyJay View Post
it!
Great first post!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
winL is on a distinguished road

winL's Tacoma Gallery
This thread just made me want to pop open a can of Stagg's Dynamite Chili when I get home.