LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Booze at a wedding

View Poll Results: Free beer or make guests pay for a full bar?
Unlimited beer, wine, and only one type of mixed drink for free 33 47.14%
Guests pay for mixed drinks & beer/wine is free 37 52.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #61
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
cash bar = tacky, as many have said. if you charge me for drinks at your wedding, that nice big check i was going to write to you for a wedding present is going to get reduced accordingly, and i'm going to think you are a cheap bastard, you can count on that.

we specifically invited less people (sorry aunt mabel who i've met 3 times in my whole life) to our wedding so that we could afford to have things like really nice appetizers (like a raw bar with crab, jumbo shrimp, clams and oysters, and yes, lobster), and yes, an open bar with top shelf liquor. we even had a 2 hour cocktail hour instead of 1 just because that is the part we thought people enjoy the most at a wedding. we had a steel drum rasta band playing during that part too, people loved it.

when it was all over, most of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. and people HATE going to weddings, so that meant alot to us. i always tell my wife i wish i could have been a guest at our wedding.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #62
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
When my sister got married we had more alcohol than most people could imagine. I had enough cases to triple stack and fill my enclosed trailer (16 ft). But that was my dad paying the bill. When I got married my inlaw's don't belive in drinking so they wouldn't pay for it, because of that my dad wouldn't either. I had to foot the bill so I had wine and limited beer. Unlimited quantities just limited selection.

Everyone had a great time at both. The people make the wedding.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #63
80s toysport will become famous soon enough80s toysport will become famous soon enough
Name: Nikolai (Nik)
80s toysport's Tacoma Gallery
My thing is "beggars cant be choosers" lol. You pick what you and your fiance agree on and thats that. Of caorse everybody is going to want free beer. I do but i dont really drink. Maybe a couple beers and then watch all the other stupid people get drunk and take vids and pics of there dumbass and post online lol :b
Old 01-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #64
Shetto24 is on a distinguished road

Shetto24's Tacoma Gallery
Chiming in. Free is always good, unless you're paying for it. Then it really sucks when you see half full drinks thrown away! At my wedding we did free up until a certain time...then guests had to fork out. The fellas knew where the secret stash of beer from the cooler was though.