1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Booze at a wedding

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by iliketurtles, Jan 14, 2012.

?

Free beer or make guests pay for a full bar?

Poll closed Feb 13, 2012.
  1. Unlimited beer, wine, and only one type of mixed drink for free

33 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Guests pay for mixed drinks & beer/wine is free

37 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. Jan 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    jackhart

jackhart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    cash bar = tacky, as many have said. if you charge me for drinks at your wedding, that nice big check i was going to write to you for a wedding present is going to get reduced accordingly, and i'm going to think you are a cheap bastard, you can count on that.

we specifically invited less people (sorry aunt mabel who i've met 3 times in my whole life) to our wedding so that we could afford to have things like really nice appetizers (like a raw bar with crab, jumbo shrimp, clams and oysters, and yes, lobster), and yes, an open bar with top shelf liquor. we even had a 2 hour cocktail hour instead of 1 just because that is the part we thought people enjoy the most at a wedding. we had a steel drum rasta band playing during that part too, people loved it.

when it was all over, most of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. and people HATE going to weddings, so that meant alot to us. i always tell my wife i wish i could have been a guest at our wedding.

2. Jan 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM
    atvlifestyle

atvlifestyle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    01 trd tacoma
    supercharged with MCM front kit
    When my sister got married we had more alcohol than most people could imagine. I had enough cases to triple stack and fill my enclosed trailer (16 ft). But that was my dad paying the bill. When I got married my inlaw's don't belive in drinking so they wouldn't pay for it, because of that my dad wouldn't either. I had to foot the bill so I had wine and limited beer. Unlimited quantities just limited selection.

Everyone had a great time at both. The people make the wedding.

3. Jan 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM
    80s toysport

80s toysport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikolai (Nik)
    kansas city, ks
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD off road
    Camper, nerf bars, visors, hood bug gaurd, ABS killswitch, bed light
    My thing is "beggars cant be choosers" lol. You pick what you and your fiance agree on and thats that. Of caorse everybody is going to want free beer. I do but i dont really drink. Maybe a couple beers and then watch all the other stupid people get drunk and take vids and pics of there dumbass and post online lol :b

4. Jan 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    Shetto24

Shetto24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Tapps, WA
    Chiming in. Free is always good, unless you're paying for it. Then it really sucks when you see half full drinks thrown away! At my wedding we did free up until a certain time...then guests had to fork out. The fellas knew where the secret stash of beer from the cooler was though.

Products Discussed in

To Top