1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how do you eat your eggs?

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by aficianado, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Feb 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4
    Boiled, poached, scrambled, over easy, flat wrap style, omelet, frittata - what did I leave out?! My fav is just scrambled with onion, garlic, tomato, chives, peppers, sausage, cheese, etc - breakfast hash I call it.

2. Feb 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Scrambled.

I grew up "over hard" with the yolk broken and cooked firm.
    Eating out taught me that NOBODY who works in a kitchen understands anything other than poached, scrambled, over-easy, and sunny side up.
    Therefore... no matter how I tried to explain "broken yolk", I always ended up getting an undercooked yolk.

So now it's always scrambled except when I visit mom in Texas.

Funny that kitchen workers don't understand "broken yolk" unless they're making a breakfast sandwich... THEN they get it right :rolleyes:

3. Feb 25, 2012 at 12:07 AM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    Just about any way, favs are, over easy, with toast or biscuit to sop, (not mop) up the plate, or sausage fried and crumbled into scrambled. FMTT...

4. Feb 25, 2012 at 12:50 AM
    taco084gb

taco084gb No matter where you go there you are.

Member:
    First Name:
    Galen
    NorCal
    Like mine scrambled, no MILK and mixed well.
    Also a Egg Fritata with Jalapeno's,Monterey Jack,mushrooms and green onions,and some New York Spicy Sausage cooked in a Dutch oven:D
    [​IMG]

5. Feb 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS

6. Feb 25, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    Bobbb

Bobbb "Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Bob
    Tundra TRD/OR
    Daily. Can't get enough of 'em. Good thing I don't have cholesterol issues (yet)! I'll take them just about any way so long as the white's cooked. No snot for me. Unless I'm making eggnog with milk and a splash of vanilla that is. And I only buy them from the lady down the road who raises chickadees. Truly free-range or nothing.

Favorite? Sandwich. Wheat toast, miracle whip, ham, cheese with an over-easy in the middle. Yum-a-dum-dum!

7. Feb 25, 2012 at 4:32 PM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    I like all forms of egg.

One not mentioned so far is 1-2 raw eggs in a caesar's salad. As said before the danger is on the outside, so the trick is to "coddle" the eggs or simply dip them in boiling water for 15 seconds. Cleaning works too.

2 coddled eggs, 1/3 cup extra virgin, 1 can anchovies, mustard, worcestershire, mustard, juice of one lemon, salt, pepper, capers, green olives if you like.

8. Feb 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    For me, when scrambled I add a bit of water to the well beaten eggs, when cooking this produces steam and the steam fluffs the eggs providing you don't keep poking at them the whole time they are cooking. Before the eggs hit the pan I toss a splat of butter into the hot pan and toss in diced onion, cook it translucent then add the egg, salt, pepper. Don't touch the eggs, let the bottom begin to set then going around the edge of the pan, ease the egg into the middle letting the yet uncooked egg move into that void, keep moving around the edge of the pan. Eventually push the middle to the edges. I take the pan of the heat from time to time to insure I don't over cook the eggs. Light fluffy and not all dried out. Toast with butter and I will from time to time make an egg sandwich out of this.

When I was a kid my friends father use to make eggs in a whiskey glass. Soft boil the eggs, set it in a shot glass and with the butter knife, tap around the top edge then peal away the shell. Make toast, butter it and slice it into 1" wide strips. Eat the top piece of white and dip the toast into the yoke, eat till gone.

When I fry an egg I use a non-stick pan butter crack the eggs and let them cook, as soon as the white looks cooked, cover the pan with a lid. This allows the heat to cook the clear membrane covering the yoke. I hate the slimy uncooked membrane. Salt, pepper to taste and eat with toast.

These are just a few of the ways I like eggs.

9. Mar 22, 2012 at 3:14 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    Make you a couple of scotch eggs. Google the recipe yum yum yum....

10. Aug 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    LocoTaco

LocoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Central Washington
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 TRD Sport
    Sunnyside up for me as well.

11. Aug 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM
    armyoffoo

armyoffoo Scrotie McBoogerballs

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM TRD Sport
    Egg-In-A-Hole, cut circle out of a piece of buttered-up bread and fry the egg sunny side up in the bread, flip and serve. Mop up the yolk with the piece you cut out when you're done. Good stuff.

12. Aug 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    WVHellbilly

WVHellbilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mullens,WV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tx Baja
    pickled jalepeno eggs, heaven in jar!

13. Aug 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Raw. With the shell.

14. Aug 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    Teniente

Teniente Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City, NV/Ensenada, Baja California, MX
    Vehicle:
    White 2006 SR5 DCSB 4x4
    It's a little bit of a drive, but worth it..........Flo's Airport Cafe at the Chino Airport........steak, eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy!!!!!.........bring somebody on a diet with you to drive you home!!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top