Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

how do you eat your eggs?

Old 02-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #41
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
I love then scrambled with lots of TEXAS PETE AND BLACK PEPPER!!
OR OVER EASY ON TOP OF A PILE OF LIVERMUSH
AND HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THIS?
PORK AND BRAINS[/IMG]
Old 02-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #42
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Boiled, poached, scrambled, over easy, flat wrap style, omelet, frittata - what did I leave out?! My fav is just scrambled with onion, garlic, tomato, chives, peppers, sausage, cheese, etc - breakfast hash I call it.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #43
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Scrambled.

I grew up "over hard" with the yolk broken and cooked firm.
Eating out taught me that NOBODY who works in a kitchen understands anything other than poached, scrambled, over-easy, and sunny side up.
Therefore... no matter how I tried to explain "broken yolk", I always ended up getting an undercooked yolk.

So now it's always scrambled except when I visit mom in Texas.

Funny that kitchen workers don't understand "broken yolk" unless they're making a breakfast sandwich... THEN they get it right
Old 02-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #44
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Just about any way, favs are, over easy, with toast or biscuit to sop, (not mop) up the plate, or sausage fried and crumbled into scrambled. FMTT...
Old 02-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #45
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Just ate my homemade fried egg sandwich (over hard with yolk broken). With pepper and a little bit of Tapatio.. yum!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #47
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
scrambled with ketchup
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS
Old 02-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #48
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Daily. Can't get enough of 'em. Good thing I don't have cholesterol issues (yet)! I'll take them just about any way so long as the white's cooked. No snot for me. Unless I'm making eggnog with milk and a splash of vanilla that is. And I only buy them from the lady down the road who raises chickadees. Truly free-range or nothing.

Favorite? Sandwich. Wheat toast, miracle whip, ham, cheese with an over-easy in the middle. Yum-a-dum-dum!
Old 02-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #49
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
I like all forms of egg.

One not mentioned so far is 1-2 raw eggs in a caesar's salad. As said before the danger is on the outside, so the trick is to "coddle" the eggs or simply dip them in boiling water for 15 seconds. Cleaning works too.

2 coddled eggs, 1/3 cup extra virgin, 1 can anchovies, mustard, worcestershire, mustard, juice of one lemon, salt, pepper, capers, green olives if you like.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #50
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
For me, when scrambled I add a bit of water to the well beaten eggs, when cooking this produces steam and the steam fluffs the eggs providing you don't keep poking at them the whole time they are cooking. Before the eggs hit the pan I toss a splat of butter into the hot pan and toss in diced onion, cook it translucent then add the egg, salt, pepper. Don't touch the eggs, let the bottom begin to set then going around the edge of the pan, ease the egg into the middle letting the yet uncooked egg move into that void, keep moving around the edge of the pan. Eventually push the middle to the edges. I take the pan of the heat from time to time to insure I don't over cook the eggs. Light fluffy and not all dried out. Toast with butter and I will from time to time make an egg sandwich out of this.

When I was a kid my friends father use to make eggs in a whiskey glass. Soft boil the eggs, set it in a shot glass and with the butter knife, tap around the top edge then peal away the shell. Make toast, butter it and slice it into 1" wide strips. Eat the top piece of white and dip the toast into the yoke, eat till gone.

When I fry an egg I use a non-stick pan butter crack the eggs and let them cook, as soon as the white looks cooked, cover the pan with a lid. This allows the heat to cook the clear membrane covering the yoke. I hate the slimy uncooked membrane. Salt, pepper to taste and eat with toast.

These are just a few of the ways I like eggs.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #51
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Make you a couple of scotch eggs. Google the recipe yum yum yum....
Old 08-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #52
LocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: RDC Retired
Name: Don
LocoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Sunny side up... I use a piece of toast to mop up the yellow crap.
Sunnyside up for me as well.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #53
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh, the incredible, edible, egg (remember that slogan?) Love eggs, and eat them for breakfast almost everyday. Sometimes even bring hard boiled eggs along for snacks during the day.

Here is this morning's omelet. Tomorrow will be something different, but will probably include eggs somehow.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #54
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Scrambled.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #55
Scrotie McBoogerballs
armyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rough

armyoffoo's Tacoma Gallery
Egg-In-A-Hole, cut circle out of a piece of buttered-up bread and fry the egg sunny side up in the bread, flip and serve. Mop up the yolk with the piece you cut out when you're done. Good stuff.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #56
WVHellbilly is on a distinguished road

WVHellbilly's Tacoma Gallery
pickled jalepeno eggs, heaven in jar!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #58
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
I like them for about the first month, we have a small DFAC so we only have eggs, bacon or sausage and hard boiled eggs or those crappy egg burritos. End Main Line. So there is literally nothing else to eat. Cant wait to get home and o out for a good breakfast!
It's a little bit of a drive, but worth it..........Flo's Airport Cafe at the Chino Airport........steak, eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy!!!!!.........bring somebody on a diet with you to drive you home!!!!!