Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Pink Slime

Old 03-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #21
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I don't care what it's made out of as long as it tastes good.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #22
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery

that pink slime will fuck up your day
Old 03-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #23
1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Medic
1980's Tacoma Gallery
"I just eat Hot Dogs (the penis type) are delicious."
In the army I once opened a C ration can labeled "Beef parts and water" that was mostly gristle and veins. I asked my sergeant just what the hell kind of "parts" these were supposed to be. He looked over at my can and said, "Parts is parts."

Beef parts in water was my least favorite "meal" but my most favorite was turkey loaf and beanie weenies, which probably had the same parts -- just ground up.

When I was teaching out on the West Coast I visited a fish rendering plant to watch them make fish and cat food. Now I know why my cats refuse to eat "sea captain's choice" -- even the local skunks won't eat the stuff.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #24
drwb is on a distinguished road

Name: Allen
drwb's Tacoma Gallery
Actually this pink slim is processed chicken! all the chicken nuggets, chicken patties, etc...is served at ALL fast food restaurants even the the brand "Tyson" that is sold at supermarkets was this pink slim originally...I read that there's even bones and other crap that is grinded down and then they dye it a whitish color then add other ingredients to make it taste better as well... Mcshit#

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
I will be making my burgers with local beef at the cafe

That pink slime is some nastyyyyyyyyyyyyyy chit !

Old 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #25
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
nom nom nom nom
Old 03-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #26
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
nom nom nom nom
DAMIT I was about 1 second away from saying that
Old 03-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #27
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwb View Post
Actually this pink slim is processed chicken! all the chicken nuggets, chicken patties, etc...is served at ALL fast food restaurants even the the brand "Tyson" that is sold at supermarkets was this pink slim originally...I read that there's even bones and other crap that is grinded down and then they dye it a whitish color then add other ingredients to make it taste better as well... Mcshit#
Yep bones and everything get ground into it and thy bleach it basically. Let me dig up a a picture with a caption.

Edit: This caption goes along with that pink stuff picture.

Quote:
Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made – things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.

Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve — bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.
There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

But, hey, at least it tastes good, right?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #28
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Eating some as we speak.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #29
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Ever wonder what's in that "variety meats" that it occasionally says on backs of hot dog packages? Same concept.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #30
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

stop your sig gif....stop it now!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #31
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
I've questioned whether organic is really as organic as we think, but I'm still buying mostly all organic products and local grass fed beef in an effort to stay healthy. It's the lesser of the evils
Old 03-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #32
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
I see what you did there. I can tell by the pixels. I was pretty much fucked either way huh? If I said hot dog someone would have said man hod dog and since I said non penis hot dog you did your thing. Lol.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #33
I bring the feel goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Ever wonder what's in that "variety meats" that it occasionally says on backs of hot dog packages? Same concept.
Horses will add a little bit more mystery to your mystery meat I have wondered that though.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch14 View Post
stop your sig gif....stop it now!
I couldn't choose, so I stuck them both in there .
Old 03-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #34
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Some slime keeps trying to come back up
Old 03-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #35
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch14 View Post
I work for the Department of Ag and while I don't do much with the actual processed portion of the meat and food, I do see a huge differance between 'organic' and 'natural' or local.

I think the biggest thing is knowing where your food comes from. IMHO, just mine, organic is a load of BS, organic farmers are some of the worst farmers out there. They think that just because something is 'organic' or 'green' means that it causes zero harm. What they don't realize that even an organic compound can be harmful once it meets a certain threashold, no differant than anything else. My father in law and I raise beef and ocassionally hogs, we process our own venison, and all that. We're not organic, we'll give a sick calf some anti-biotics if and only if it needs it, but we're local, and consider ourselves pretty 'natural'

So, just my .02c and not trying to offend anyone. Don't buy into the big prices of organic just to avoid the pink slime, you can easily get something not filled with pink slime that won't kill you at a much cheaper price by just looking at local farmers.

This here ^^^^^
Old 03-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #36
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
My family spends the extra money on the organic crap. I asked if they knew if it was actually organic. No answer besides it is stamped on the package.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #37
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, exactly...and most of it is from other countries, so who governs it??
Old 03-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #38
I bring the feel goods

I think for the most part buying organic is a scam. If you want healthier foods grow them at home.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #39
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think for the most part buying organic is a scam. If you want healthier foods grow them at home.

can't really raise my own cow though
Old 03-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #40
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
can't really raise my own cow though
Way to give up before you even try!